Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK9 Trigger Reset

The old MK9 is back together and the trigger feels much smother with a snappier return ... probably took about two hours from start to finish but I polished everything I could while apart .... I put in new cocking cams and spring .... then new spring and plastic trigger bar retainer along with new trigger bar spring .... the plastic trigger bar retainer was broken into and causing a lot of drag on the trigger .... I did have to punch the trigger pin out ... The gun had a few failures to eject also, it would pull them out but wouldn't throw them clear of the slide ... so I put in a new extractor and spring ... the old spring was shorter than the new one by an 1/8 to 3/16 of and inch (just guessing .. didn't measure) the gun will still feed even riding the slide closed and ejected a couple of clips with no problems ... I'll test fire the gun this weekend and make sure she's preforming up to Kahrs standards .... I want to think everyone for the help it is much appreciated and saved me a lot of trouble .... a thumbs up to Kahr for getting me the parts in just 3 or 4 days .... Again Thanks for your time and trouble.

Thanks for the update and finishing out the story! Glad it all ends well.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Got a chance to run 60 rounds through the MK9 today ... was around 20 degree's when doing so here in Mo. .... No failures to eject this time at all but still had four or five failures to reset the trigger .... not sure why it doesn't do it all the time, trigger feels good now ... It almost has to be the lobe on the firing pin or the cocking cam not coming back quick enough to catch the firing pin .. I put in a new cam and spring ..... also went ahead and ordered a new firing pin and spring ... the spring feels mighty strong to me ... my son has a CW 40 which looks to be the same firing pin and if I get a chance before the new one arrives I measure his and compare to mine or maybe even change them out and try his in the MK ... Anyway, I guess if I get enough new parts in it it will have to start working ... I enjoy trying to figure it out and I carry the 380 anyway ... I might start carrying the MK if it starts going bang every time

I always enjoy hearing your thoughts if anyone has some to share ... I'll keep ya posted if I ever get it going ... Maybe the ole thing has run it's limit of bangs