Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Grip Stippling?

2 different sized "ball cutters" in a Dremel Tool will work very well. Do a pattern of larger dots first, staying within the lines of the outline you choose, and then fill in-between those with dimples from the smaller ball. Try not to round off any of the "edges" that are created from the dimples and you get a very nice and grip-able surface. You can use stain to match or contrast the cut wood when done.

I added some "Deer Tracks" to a slippery inline .50 caliber rifle using that technique, and it came out great. Here's a picture:

And here a link to the posting of how I did that on that inline muzzleloading rifle:
    Custom Grip DIY

Good luck getting a grip.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

That's BADA$$

I like that a lot and very clever way of accomplishing it. Probably why I never thought of it.......................sometimes I feel so darn dumb.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."