Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truck gun...sort of

Question Truck gun...sort of

A long time ago I made up a little pack to throw in the glovebox of whatever car/truck I am driving. It works well for me. But I was wondering what you all use for your vehicle set-up, if anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

The ear plugs are a good touch Personally, I don't keep anything in the car. I don't know about your state, but if I keep a firearm in the car, and it isn't locked up in an under the seat gun safe, and someone steals my auto, and uses said gun, I'm in BIG trouble. I am held liable. The glove comp. doesn't count. I usually keep my firearm on me at all times. In the car, I'll put it between the seat and the console. I have yet to purchase an auto safe, simply because I have had no need so far. Usually, if I can't carry where I'm going, I don't go. Had jury duty a few times, and I just took a chance with my firearm, leaving it in the car. Chancy? Yes. Probably something to purchase in the future. Now that the wife carries her SP 101, I have some back up. It's more difficult in the city. Up nort, we just open carry, and no one bats an eye.

Too much risk of people breaking into the car and stealing stuff where I live.

In my truck I keep a 4 inch hunting knife, a multitool, ear plugs, whatever gun Im carrying usually goes in the console if Im in the truck.

Also keep a large tarp, 12v air pump, and I think the DC/AC converter is in there too. Got a couple of bic lighters and a small magnifying glass to start a fire if there is some sun. Also an extra set of glasses since Im blind without mine.

I need to add a good first aid kit with some of that "quick clot" stuff I saw the other day at Gander Mountain. Need to add some fishing line, sinkers, and hooks too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

^^^ sounds more like a survival pack..and a darned good idea.
    ​O|||||||O

By me, it's also a good idea to carry a shovel, and blankets.

Love the earplugs. I just earmuffs to my kit.

Tim

Hubby and I carry on body all the time.
    We have a first aid kit that includes the basics plus; quick clot., a tourniquet, and a chest seal.
    Survival wise I have two used waterproof pill bottles in each vehicle, one has matches, the other has cotton balls dipped in Vaseline. I learned about cotton balls and vaseline when I was stationed in King Salmon, Alaska. The locals used them to start fires….they are amazing….easy to light, and they burn a good 10 min.

If it's winter or we are in isolated areas we have a backpack with minimal food, water, purification tablets, Sol survival sleeping bags, survival blankets, ferro rod and tinder.
    A winter survival kit (or hiking) became a habit after I was stationed in Montana, 1979-1981. They sure drilled the value of having a kit in your vehicle and it stuck with me!

Oops, our survival bag also has a fixed blade knife, and we each always have a decent folder on our person.

My hearing is compromised already as a combat infantry company commander and later tank company commander. My Jeep pistol is a used CZ 83 that is quite accurate and reliable. I picked it up from iAmmo.com for $200. Ear plugs sound great but if you need to get to your weapon expeditiously, earplugs will take precious seconds. I'm OK without them and hope that I will never need it. I have only once in a scary situation on Far West Blvd. at night in an area around $500,000+ homes in Austin, Texas.

A much more important item to carry is a cellphone. I used mine to call Austin PD. It took them 10 minutes to respond on a Friday evening. A better rule is to communicate if possible and have your pistol ready. One person alone is at a serious disadvantage.