Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: FTF help

Default FTF help

Here's the situation. Kahr CM9 around 4 years old, aprox 500-600 rounds. The pistol has been basically flawless with a few exceptions. The problem is it will not feed a round. It gets hung up everytime, rght before going into the chamber not allowing the slide to close. It does it with both magazines. It does it with a new recoil spring. It FTF's in every situation. This aoccured halfway through a box of ammo. I have tried different ammo as well as taking apart and reassembling. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. PS I am not a smithy. I'll check back later, thanks again.

A little paraphrasing for my own benefit (please correct me if I've taken anything out of context):

Background:
    "Kahr CM9 around 4 years old, aprox 500-600 rounds."
    "The pistol has been basically flawless with a few exceptions."

Issue:
    "The problem is it will not feed a round."
    "This occurred halfway through a box of ammo."
    "It gets hung up everytime, right before going into the chamber not allowing the slide to close."

Troubleshooting done so far:
    "I have tried different ammo as well as taking apart and reassembling.."
    "It does it with both magazines."
    "It does it with a new recoil spring."

Results of troubleshooting to date:

"It FTF's in every situation."

Sorry to read of your problem with your CM9.

I'd like to ask about when you say ".... as well as taking apart and reassembling"; did this include a complete disassembly of the slide?
    If not, I'd suggest doing so. Inspect and clean both the striker and extractor tunnels plus their associated parts.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I like Greg am wondering if something is wrong with the extractor or its associated parts. Or is by some weird chance the striker poking out of the breech face not letting a round slide all the way up?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Pics of the hang ups????????????????????????????

My K40 started this after several thousand rounds.
    Removed and cleaned extractor, runs like new.

So....I'll revive this thread after a lengthy time period. In short I put the CM9 away and forgot about it. I just shot and carried my G43 and Lcp. Long story short I finally decided to have another set of eyes take a look see. It turns out the bullet casing had separated and remained in the barrel. I could barely see it even after it was pointed out to me. It was basically unnoticeable. We removed it and I now have around 100 perfect rounds downrange and have started carrying it again. Obviously I'm no gun smith but maybe I should have caught that one. The good news is that I now have a perfect carry gun again.

Thanks for all the suggestions, there's a great bunch of people on this forum.