I don't know about you guys/gals, but it's kind of difficult for me to get up for Christmas. After my first marriage, I was single with no family for 18 years, so I didn't do much celebrating. I had friends, but it's not quite the same. We don't have any children now. The wife's families have children, so they do their thing. My favorite part of Christmas was checking out everyone's outside lights. People do amazing things with their lights and properties. I love driving around and checking out what people have done. When we go up nort, we take the back country roads. It's almost exactly the same mileage as taking the expressway up, and a lot less stressful, and there is more to see. It only adds about a half hour of driving. On our way back from our last trip, it was just starting to get dark, and I saw some huge amazing displays set up, but it wasn't quite dark enough for the people to turn them on. So, we're going to head back up Thurs. and wait until dark, to check out the lights. I saw one place that had a decorated pine tree that had to be approaching 100 ft. tall. Lots of work and man hours put in to these displays. They must have to use buckets to get them up.There was another property I wanted to see at night. It's a damn mansion in the middle of nowhere that had stringers of lights that have to approach the thousands...............We have a spot in the city about 10 blocks away that they call Candycane Lane. It consumes about 15 blocks in all directions, and most of the owners have displays up. They take donations from the people who go through, and anything is appreciated. You can either view from the car, or get out and walk it. Takes a few hours to see it all from the car. My favorite part of Xmas.......................................