Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmas

After I turned 18 and went in the Navy, I've spent more Christmas' overseas than I have stateside. Now that I'm retired from that life, I've still spent most of my Christmas' alone as my wife has spent a LOT of time helping to take care of her mother. The kids left the house many years ago, and even when I have be "home", both of our families were many miles away.

My wife is with her mom as I type but I'll be going down for Christmas. So I do make a family Christmas now and then, probably one out of every four years.

Speaking of batteries, if you're looking for a nifty battery organizer, get one of those plastic ammo boxes with the flip-up lid, with the dividers for each round. I have one caliber for AA and another for AAA and it keeps them neat and organized.

Great idea.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Christmas is looking pretty bleak at the our residence this year. I lost my part time job at the toy factory. The manager said that I was holding up production on the Tickle Me Elmo doll line. I thought it was my job to put two marbles in a cloth sack and sew them between Elmo's legs. The foreman told me that he hired me to give each doll two test tickles not two testicles. Oh well, live and learn.
    NRA Benefactor

I have one of those fancy battery organizers and for the last few weeks my supply of AA's were disappearing on a daily basis. I accused my wife of replacing my bedroom services with a rubberized more functional item that doesn't fall asleep immediately following...........

She laughed, then showed me the dozen LED battery powered strings of lights that she was going to use for Christmas decorations. I guess I should be relieved but I am sure I may have put ideas into her head.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Well, my favorite part of Christmas these days is giving my guns & ammo to the sons & grandsons. Makes more room in the safe.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Christmas is the celebration of Christ's birth on a once pagan holiday. nonChristians have reverted Christmas in the USA to the pagan holiday (the abbreviation XMAS) and just do the giving and receiving presents thing. That's a good thing for retailers and wonderful for children.

Is for my house, we'll keep the Christ in Christmas.
    "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" - Jesus
    "Don't Tread on Me" - The 1775 Gadsden Flag
    "No Stronger Retrograde Force Exists in the World" - Winston Churchill re:Islam

Amen, David!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Smile

^^^ Yep. In our hearts and home there's room for Christ, presents and Old Glory too! Have a great Christmas everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​O|||||||O

Is that your house? What a beauty. I love that. Very very cool architecture. Columns, dormers, sweet!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."