Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: At wits' end with my P380 (light strikes)

A 380 with Lehigh Defense or Penetrator rounds does just fine with heavy clothes.

Dave

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    So the answer is move to where its warm all the time and you never have to lug anything bigger than a CW380
    Or work for an employer who supports the Second Amendment and will let you carry something bigger on the job. Unfortunately most don't, forcing you to either go about your day unarmed or carry something discreet enough that it minimizes the chances of getting caught. As a result the peashooter you have on you at the office becomes the gun you also have on you when you stop by the local shop n' rob on the way home to pick up a gallon of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Like California?????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronni3_J View Post
    Na Arizona
    Sunshine, beaches, golf, no income tax, shall issue ccw permits, stand your ground.
    florida.jpg
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    These days with the size and weight of the smaller firearms, IMHO, the difference between carrying a .380 or 9mm is negligible. I guess that's what makes me different from others. I am not always looking for the easiest or most comfortable way. I prefer to carry something that will make big holes. I realize that this isn't always possible, and without getting in to the dreaded caliber wars, I just don't feel that the .380 is enough firepower for me. Given all the troubles people keep having with the .380's, I will stick to what does work reliably for me, which is the larger calibers. Especially going through clothing and the like. Seems like some like a firearm that they can just drop in their pocket for convenience sake. These people are just looking for trouble..............................which has been mentioned many times here on this site.
    Sorry if I disagree. The new defense loads have come a long way for the 380. And considering most encounters would be at a close distance makes the 380. plenty powerful. You say, convenience, I say Practicality. You also say that so many problems with reliability of 380's. The 380's I have carried have all been tested with many rounds before carry and I have total faith in them just like any other pistol or revolver. I do CCW with a 9mm pistol or my snub revolver in the cooler months, because they are Practical. I also carry a 380 back up. Do I really want to strap on a 36 oz firearm on my side to run down to 7/11? Not me, just not Practical. I like big holes, but does not mean I will be taking my 12 gauge slug with me to the mall nor a big 1911 strapped to one side. JMO.

Some people are affected by a few ounces of weight...............fortunately, I am not one of them. I would much rather strap on a 36 oz. firearm, than carry a low round pea shooter. Each to his own. You may have not had any issues with the .380, but plenty of others have. It's the most bitched about caliber on this forum............................................. .................................................. ............Lehigh Penetrator, special this, special that. .380 is becoming too expensive to shoot, especially if you have to have something special to work in your firearm. I'll stick with the big boolits, they always work in my firearms, no matter which one I am carrying, without issues. Any brand.......................

persistence is a good thing, props for your efforts.... hope you get her running 100%... contact kahr and they will likely send you all new springs to try out
    RIP Muggsy