Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: At wits' end with my P380 (light strikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    It sure sounds like it should work. Please let us know.

Well, the good news is that your striker is holding up really well. All these rounds later and there's virtually no wear on it aside from bluing loss on the contact areas.

I finally got back to the range today after polishing and deburring the FP block. I hardly made it through a complete box of Geco FMJ. About every third round was a light firing pin strike. It was so depressing and embarrassing at the same time... BANG BANG CLICK. BANG CLICK. CLICK. CLICK. BANG BANG CLICK. If anything I made it even worse. Now I'm not sure whether to order a whole bunch of new parts and start all over again or simply sell this POS with full disclosure for a giveaway price.

Dsk, sorry to hear that. I guess the cocking cam would be the next thing to consider replacing. It sure must be frustrating!
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

What makes it so frustrating is how much I have invested in this piece. I bought several spare mags and bought MagGuts kits for each. I bought several holsters specifically for this gun. I've bought a lot of replacement parts including a couple years' supply of replacement recoil springs. I've fired a couple thousand rounds of ammo specifically for the purpose of getting this problem figured out. And why have I bothered? Because when it actually shoots this pistol is phenomenal. Easy to carry and accurate. And I know there are others out there with guns that run nearly 100%.

By the way I purposely did not clean this pistol after the last range outing, because I know the issues start happening as soon as it gets dirty. I was just shocked to see it stumble so badly this trip, especially after everything I've done with it. I would pay Kahr to solve the issue if it wasn't for the fact that they'd likely just replace the recoil spring, fire off one mag and hand it back to me.

This is the type of problem that would be great if we could solve it more in person. If the OP and I could go out and shoot our pistols, swap the pistols and parts of pistols until we could see what the problem followed, it would be easy to solve. I'm in the sticks though, so that never happens.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

It would be easier if I had my own private place to shoot. Then I could tinker with it and shoot it at the same time. Instead I have to make changes, wait a few weeks to get back to the range, pay the $15 for the range fee only to find out it still doesn't work. Go back home, play with it some more, go back to the range again in a few weeks. Rinse and repeat...

Here I am at home again, and I still can't see anything that looks wrong. It still launches chopsticks with ease...

I am in the same spot...I guess I'll call Kahr, what a PITA

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    What makes it so frustrating is how much I have invested in this piece. I bought several spare mags and bought MagGuts kits for each. I bought several holsters specifically for this gun. I've bought a lot of replacement parts including a couple years' supply of replacement recoil springs. I've fired a couple thousand rounds of ammo specifically for the purpose of getting this problem figured out. And why have I bothered? Because when it actually shoots this pistol is phenomenal. Easy to carry and accurate. And I know there are others out there with guns that run nearly 100%.

By the way I purposely did not clean this pistol after the last range outing, because I know the issues start happening as soon as it gets dirty. I was just shocked to see it stumble so badly this trip, especially after everything I've done with it. I would pay Kahr to solve the issue if it wasn't for the fact that they'd likely just replace the recoil spring, fire off one mag and hand it back to me.
    You've got a lot more patience than I.

Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post

I'd contact them and let them know exactly what you've gone through. When you send it, I'd write down everything you've experienced, what you did to try and resolve it and let them have a shot at making it correct.
    I think often times there's a loss in translation between the end user, the guy on the phone and the guy on the bench.
    Although sometimes the guy on the phone is also on the bench which is a good thing.

No need for frustration. It's disappointing to have to send a new guy back or any gun ever for that matter but sometimes it just needs to happen.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Could heat buildup be the thing that causes the problem, not dirt. Things get hot and swell up and no longer slide past each other.