Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: I'm new here and just bought a kahr cm9. Trigger question.

Default I'm new here and just bought a kahr cm9. Trigger question.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and proud owner of a new kahr cm9! Quick question, what's with the gritty ass trigger? I have yet to shoot it. It's super new and greasy. Is this normal for the trigger to have this much grit before break in?

Quote Originally Posted by CARBiNOX View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and proud owner of a new kahr cm9! Quick question, what's with the gritty ass trigger? I have yet to shoot it. It's super new and greasy. Is this normal for the trigger to have this much grit before break in?
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here. Your trigger should be smooth as buttah. I'd say clean the innards real well and try it then.

Yours is the third one I've heard of. Someone here had a K9 (I think) with a trigger bar that needed smoothing out. My CW9 is gritty too, I haven't gotten around to sanding it down yet because it functions fine and I carry a Shield instead. But when I get around to it I'll take the sideplate off and try to sand it smooth with some 800 grip paper or whatever it takes.

It should be butter smooth.

Yep, it should be smooooooth. Two things you can check:

1) Like JohnR said, see if there are any burrs on the bottom side of the trigger bar that could cause the retainer spring to catch/drag. it will be hard to see but shine a flashlight in there and see if you can see the spring catching. If there is...lotsa dry firing and shooting should smooth that out. Or you can take the side panel off and lightly sand it smooth. 2) Flush out the striker channel with some brake cleaner. They can come gunked up a bit at times. Use the cleanout hole in the slide and flush until it comes out clear. Then leave it dry. You could disassemble the slide and clean everything but flushing it out should be enough. Learning to take the slide apart is a good thing but research how to do it before you try. It's only easy if you know what you are doing. Take it apart inside a large Ziploc bag so you don't lose the spring that flies out...

Otherwise, just make sure there is a little lube in the trigger mechanism and the striker cam area. Check the clean and lube sticky in the new member forum.

Just shooting the thing usually works for most people. It does for me. Welcome.
    ​O|||||||O

Yea upon further inspection. It does look like the retainer spring is dragging. I'll run 2-300 rounds through it and make notes. So far I'm digging this bad boy. Thanks for the help guys I'll update this thread as soon as the break in period is done.

Got my gun back, trigger is perfect. Kahr Gunsmith put a small mark on my polymer frame. I'm pretty pissed about it. Emailed and waiting on a response.