Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK9 or PM9?

I have both and have carried both. While the MK9 is heavier, I just like the way it feels in my hand and the way it shoots.

Both are great guns. You cannot go wrong with either one.

Thanks guys. I like that PM9 I looked at lately but also like the steel. Decisions, decisions.

I got the PM9 with the safety because the trigger is better. I can out shoot my Colt 1911 with it under 20 yards. It is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the mk9 because I didn't like the feel and appearance of the Kahr polymer. I know there's nothing wrong with it but from my handling and shooting of the polymer ones I knew the all steel was my way to go. Admittedly I am also on an all steel kick so I'm sure that factors in. By the way I pocket carry my mk9 easily.

Another vote here for the PM9 with safety. I bought it for discreet safe carry with lightweight clothing; it is the only Kahr I have, and would not replace it with any other gun for this purpose. I like having a safety primarily for when holstering the gun, and I train regularly to disengage the safety on the draw. The enhanced trigger that comes with the safety equipped model is just a bonus feature to me. Very impressed all around. I carry it IWB with an extended 7 rd magazine in a clip-on kydex holster. The PM9 is a lightweight Houdini gun that just disappears.

FYI, my other carry is a Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm. Though I tend to only carry that in winter months with additional clothing, it is nice though to have twice the ammo on board. Also, notably, I got the PM9 with the safety because I have ingrained the up for fire Beretta safety, and the PM9 safety matches that motion vs a more 'standard' 1911 type down to fire safety. The Kahr PM9 is a great lightweight self defense solution for me.

Tim

Allow me to assist in this decision

....and a bit more help.....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ed M; 12-25-2016 at 12:10 PM.

I'd like to add to the MK series love train

Peace,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Git on board............................................. ...

Thumbs up

Yep, they're really good lookin'.
    ​O|||||||O