Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Talk me out of an AO M1 Carbine

Default Talk me out of an AO M1 Carbine

I've had a hankering for an M1 Carbine for quite a while. From what I've read the AO models are good but may need different springs to run reliably. Is that just internet lore, or is that something AO needs to work out? Wolff sells spring kits that supposedly work, but for what one pays for this gun it should run perfectly out of the box...

GI models are available and not much different in price (for the frankengun versions, at least), but I don't want an old worn out wall hanger, I want it to enjoy shooting.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I've no experience with the AO carbine. I've seen the internet lore also. I don't completely swallow all of it but one has to consider it. I'd think with Kahr being the mothership you'd be ok but again I got nothing solid to back that up with.
    I was fortunate enough to get a GI model that's pretty mint. Considered an AO to play with as the GI one is so nice I don't want to mess it up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I say get it. As I did this summer only it was a 1927a1. M1 looks like the battlefield version. I have zero regrets.

The M1 is a 30 carbine, not a Tommy Gun. I think there is a Tommy Model M something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."