Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Cleaning Internals

I use a small metal loaf pan from the Dollar Store and fill it with mineral solvents and let it soak. Everything will be clean after that.

I run a bore snake thru my CM9 barrel after every practice session or match (90/120 rds.); every 500 rds. foaming bore cleaner and the 10 point lube is is added to the 90/120 rd. routine; every 1000 rds., gun scrubber in the striker channel blowout hole is added to the 90/120/500 rd. routine. so far no stoppages have happened (5/6000 rds.) during this service schedule.the CM9 is shot weekly.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

I don't like to completely tear down my guns to the itty-bitty parts. Sometimes I will, but a better option is to hose it down with some kind of gun scrubber product, then judiciously lube afterwards. Take a paper towel and hold the frame over it as you spray the cleaner on. You might be surprised by the amount of stuff that comes out of the action. As for the striker, I might not disassemble EVERY time, but it needs to be taken down periodically. On some guns, the slightest bit of debris or oil can cause misfires. Better to take the extra time rather than end up carrying a brick.

I use a one dollar spray bottle from the Dollar Store and fill it with some odorless mineral spirits. You can adjust how much spray you want and it works very well.