Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How fast should a CCW be able to be drawn

Default How fast should a CCW be able to be drawn

I've been wearing my CM9 in an OWB holster at around 3-4 o'clock with shirt on outside of pants and have been wondering just how fast I should be able to yank it out in case of emergency.
    Has anyone had to do this in a real life situation?

As fast, and proficiently as you have trained...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always thought that if it comes down to a quick draw contest, I am toast anyway...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Words to live by right there. If I think something is hinky my gun is in hand. I don't quick draw. I do regularly practice for a clean draw but we the good guy will always be behind. The bad guy has a plan, we can only react. And quick draw isn't always the best option.

Actually exactly the same with a cop wearing a duty rig, they are behind the curve.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Drawing from concealment and getting the first aimed shot off in less than two seconds is certainly doable with some practice.

Using my CM9 and my EDC hybrid OWB holster in an IDPA event (shoot what you carry), I was able to draw from concealment and get 2 center mass hits + 1 head hit on two separate threat targets (with a non-threat target in between) in slightly under five seconds. The stage was strong hand only while holding a briefcase with the off hand and backing away from the targets. Only having 7 rounds to get 6 required hits meant slowing down to avoid a reload, so my time was nothing special.

I look at this question from a different angle. If a gun is concealed properly, it costs some time to draw. However the edge is still with you because of the surprise you inflict due to the sudden appearance of your handgun. Likely a dynamic "Oh s**t!!" for you attacker.

The time factor is why I always practice a few unaimed shots from the hip at a close target. One may not have the time to get in a stance, raise the gun to eye level, aim and squeeze. Under two seconds would be an attainable goal IMHO, depending on how exactly you carry. Some carry methods are quicker than others.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I've had to place my hand on mine like bawanna said 1-2 times, once when being confronted in a bad part of town at a bad time when I had to be there not at my choice. Never had to draw but had my hand on it. This video provided valuable information. These guys have some good videos for the ccw holder from a LE point of view IMO.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Vi...-Win-the-Fight
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Smooth is fast.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

and notice.........no one yanks it out.

1.5 seconds!

My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”