Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How fast should a CCW be able to be drawn

LOL That's not our real range, it's down in a lower pasture to the right of what you see with a 30' high bank. We used this when we were too lazy to walk down to the real range, and had horses mowing the lawn for us. Our property goes into the trees behind targets to a high bank there. When I had my knee replaced and couldn't rope any longer. we sold the horses and turned that into a proper lawn.

I've tried to get our horses to mow the lawn but I can't get the bastards to eat in straight rows. All uneven and shoddy looking.

Be a lot cheaper to live with it than buy somebody else's grass for them all the time.

Wife and daughter don't ride a whole lot but neither will part with them for anything.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    Adrenaline's less famous sister ..I think
    This! LOL

The Active Self Protection (ASP) channel on Youtube has a standard for "from draw to first shot" and I think Mr. Correia's standard for "fast enough" is 1.5 second (IIRC).

I usually pocket carry and for that I "stage" the draw by getting my trigger finger on the trigger and using that to "flip" the pocket holster off as I draw....otherwise there is a strong possibility the holster is coming out too and will be flung through the air as the draw is completed. (Not by design, which is why I "stage" the draw).

I am pretty fast out of my OWB holster and decently fast from my Safariland ALS holster. I am slow from my shoulder holster. Let's not even talk about ankle carry but that's backup only or when seated.

Draws and dry firing have to be practiced often. Get the draw right and the speed will follow.

If I get a feeling, I don't play Wyatt Earp but get the gun in my hand until the feeling goes away.
    The bad guy has a plan, for everyone else it's a surprise party. Quick draw is fine and should be practiced of course but try to avoid it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."