Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Dimples inside CW380 slide?

Default Dimples inside CW380 slide?

Hi everyone. My brother and I both have CW380s, and his is having a problem with the reset. I decided to take both pistols apart and compare them side by side, but, with me being an idiot, I've mixed up the slides. I just noticed that one slide has three machined dimpled on the inside, and one doesn't. What does this mean?

My gun's a little older than his (#RJxxxx, his is #RKxxxx), can the dimples denote some type of revision that would let me know if it's a newer or older model?

With his pistol having problems I really don't want to mix the slides up, especially if he's going to send it into Kahr for repair. Any help or info would be appreciated. If all else fails I'll called Kahr tomorrow, give them the serials, and see if they can help me.

The dimpled slide is newer and denotes it has the new dovetail cuts for the sights.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

The dimpled slide is newer and denotes it has the new dovetail cuts for the sights. If he's having trouble with the reset, you might want to check out the trigger bar spring.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Hi all. I'm new. Been lurking for a few weeks. This thread is timely for me. I bought a CW380 with RK4xxx serial number. Works pretty well over all. Very few FTF or FTE issues. Has Failure to lock the slide back when empty. (still making adjustments for that). Overall, I'm very satisfied. But...... I bought an extra used slide assembly (complete) and slide stop that I came across for a good price (no frame- so no ser #). I figure the extra parts were good back ups (springs, striker, extractor, etc.). I assumed the extra slide would be from an older gun. It has dimples. So now you're saying it is actually newer? So since I have a RK4xxx, then the dimples must be later than that? But to further this discussion, since I have a whole slide assembly, I can say there are a few other differences. So here are other differences I observe – counting ones mentioned already. 1. Slide has dimples on inside. 2. Extractor is ground differently. The bottom edge is shaved thin and flat at an angle to allow better feeding. Also, the edge that goes into the groove of the bullet casing is full and untrimmed. On my RK4xxx, the extractor has a tiny amount of metal trimmed from that edge so that it does not dig into the bullet. ( I may try to show pictures later). 3. The writing on the chamber is deeper. On my gun, the .380 CW writing is very fine. The writing on this extra barrel is heavy. 4. There is a difference in the main springs. The big spring is the same. The small inner spring has an extra 1/3 or 1/4 extra link. So it is a little longer and thus a little stronger. 5. As stated, the rear sight is a bit dove-tailed. It is subtle, but there. 6. Slide Lock. The lifter portion is a bit longer. This may be good and bad. Good in that there is more of an edge to engage the follower, but the downside might be that the follower needs more plastic removed. The extra metal may gouge into the plastic a bit. 7. The rear extractor pin is shorter (the one that holds the back plate on). This would place less force on the extractor since the shorter pin would place less force on the extractor spring. There may be more, but that's what I can see so far.
    Last edited by u380b; 02-01-2017 at 04:15 PM.

FYI: I have 2 new CW380s purchased a couple months ago. Ser. #'s RL2xxx & RL3xxx and neither have the dimples, but both are dovetailed. Just saying...