Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious, and that's good!

Default Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious, and that's good!

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious

One common criticism of President Donald Trump has been that he too often speaks in generalities and less often offers specifics about where he stands on the issues.That was no longer the case, at least regarding his stance on gun rights and the Second Amendment, after Trump released his official policy position on his campaign website late in 2016.“The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,” the position paper began.

Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-existed both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn’t create the right and therefore cannot take it away.
    He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as “America’s first freedom,” pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.
    In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.

Citing a successful program in Richmond, Virginia, that sentenced gun criminals to mandatory minimum five-year sentences in federal prison, Trump noted that crime rates fall dramatically when criminals are taken off the streets for lengthy periods of time.
    Trump also proposed strengthening and expanding laws allowing law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves from criminals using their own guns, without fear of repercussion from the government.
    Noting that many of the recent high-profile shooters had clear mental problems that should have been addressed, Trump proposed fixing our nation’s broken mental health system by increasing treatment opportunities for the non-violent mentally ill, but removing from the streets those people who pose a danger to themselves and others.
    Trump would do away with pointless and ineffective gun and magazine bans and suggested fixing the current background check system already in place, rather than expanding a broken system.

Furthermore, Trump proposed a national right to carry, a national concealed carry reciprocity law that would compel states to recognize the concealed carry permits of any other state, similar to the way in which state driver’s licenses are accepted by all states today.
    Finally, Trump would lift the prohibition on military members carrying weapons on military bases and in recruiting centers, allowing trained military members to carry weapons to protect themselves from attacks by terrorists, criminals and the mentally unstable, as we have seen too often.

Trump’s bold defense of the Second Amendment earned him the coveted endorsement of the National Rifle Association. His warning that former rival Hillary Clinton wanted to “abolish the Second Amendment” sounded the alarm to millions of Constitution-loving patriots who wanted their rights protected and almost certainly helped usher him to victory.
    Those who cherish our right to keep and bear arms should be pleased by Trump’s stated position on the Second Amendment.
    Of course, liberal anti-gunners will hate this, but their opinion on the matter is of little concern to us “people of the gun,” of which Donald Trump is apparently one.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Last edited by downtownv; 01-25-2017 at 03:42 AM.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com

Finally!!!!hallelujah, the man is standing up to his word. Now if we can get Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill passed that would be huge. We have all been waiting for this time to arrive but didn’t know if we would ever in our life time. And if we could see May Issue states turn into Shall Issue states that would make that part of the loop done. Still a lot of work because there are still hostile states as far as our gun rights are concerned. I like where he said (Trump also proposed strengthening and expanding laws allowing law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves from criminals using their own guns, without fear of repercussion from the government.) This has been a long road and still is but at this time I would like to say Thank You Mr. President for hearing us.
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

Talking Long Live President Trump

I truly believe President Trump will be the greatest U.S. President of modern times.
    With Ronald Reagan being a close second.

Obummer, Slick Willie and Jimmy Carter ?
    Don't let the door hit you in the Ars.

would like to take a ream of printer paper, run off copies of what the President said, make large wads of the copies and stuff them up where the light doesn't shine into some choice Senators and Representatives. For years these people have been making life miserable for law abiding gun owners who are serious about self defense. In retrospect, some of these people could take the whole ream of printer paper and not feel any discomfort whatsoever.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    would like to take a ream of printer paper, run off copies of what the president said, make large wads of the copies and stuff them up where the light doesn't shine into some choice senators and representatives. For years these people have been making life miserable for law abiding gun owners who are serious about self defense. In retrospect, some of these people could take the whole ream of printer paper and not feel any discomfort whatsoever.

ahmen!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I truly believe President Trump will be the greatest U.S. President of modern times.
    With Ronald Reagan being a close second.

Obummer, Slick Willie and Jimmy Carter ?
    Don't let the door hit you in the Ars.

I think that the statement is a bit premature, especially since we haven't experienced many of the past President's. I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I think that the statement is a bit premature, especially since we haven't experienced many of the past President's. I hope you're right.
    I agree with that, but I have high hopes that the media's hatred for him is an indication of how good he'll do. We'll see hos that goes.

Funniest thing is some of the Republican talking heads still haven't figured out why they lost to trump. Shows how blind they really are.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

And the Dems are even more Brain Dead!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com

Both parties and the media are totally lost! This is the first time in a long time that the "peoples" voice has been heard. Now the PEOPLE have got to continue to voice their opinions about the mess in Washington and help restore this country to the Constitutional principle it was founded on!!!
    We can't relax and let the pressure off! If we get lazy and do back off we will go back to the same old Washington insiders that have been running…I mean ruining the country.