Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Cw9 vs cm9

Default Cw9 vs cm9

Hello all! I own a kahr cm9 that i am very pleased with. Am i crazy for wanting a cw9? For those who have shot both, is there really much difference in recoil? Is the cw9 harder to conceal iwb than the cm9?

Welcome to the forum . Looks to be a little slow so here so far . I have a cm9 and had a cw9 I bought about 12 years ago . Carried it for a few years before moving to kahrs larger TP40 as my away from work carry . MY oldest daughter then 21 laid claim to the CW9 as her EDC . The cw9 was my first kahr do to a great deal found at a gun range thanks to a disgruntled owner !! A few years later and a couple thousands reliably fired rounds I picked up a cm9 as it made a far better work carry option in my right front pocket but is was a little small for primary carry for me . I also ended up retiring the CW9 after shooting a guys tp9 at a range and went out to buy a tp40 kahr as I have always had a 40sw as a main carry choice away from work . Now there's the lower cost CT option now and that might be a handgun for you to look at , not just the CW series . I did use the same Comp-tac neutral holster I bought for the cw9 .

Now are you CRAZY ?? Can't tell you that but the kahr pistols can push you close to that point . Welcome and good luck as you can't have only one kahr

Both of my daughters have range time with the cm9 but nether have any interest in owning the cm9 and I understand that as its not as easy to rack or hold on to when doing defensive drills . I am retired and find little need in a pocket pistol now .

CM9 for pocket or ankle carry. CW9 for belt carry. I shoot both "equally well".. The CW9 is more comfortable to shoot at the range because the pinkie finger fits on the grip.

I have had the CM, CW, and CT. All served a purpose but CT was harder to conceal because of grip length for me. That was a personal issue but no matter which one you choose all will work great.

Thank you to all 3 who have responded. Sounds like I can't go wrong with either of these 2 fine pistols.

The ankle and belt system sounds excellent to me.

I've had the same dilemma with my PM 45. I've kind of been wanting a CW 45 too. I think a bit larger frame would be good in some instances.

I know this will come as a shock to many who know me but I'm actually considering stepping down to a ...............9 for sub compact stuff. I know, I know, I'm getting an medical evaluation soon, cheese might have slipped off my *******. We can't say crack with an er on the end around here?

Son sent me a picture of a new springfield EMP? in ...........9.........it looked good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Personally for belt or ankle carry?
    I'd go with an all steel MK9.

The P-sized, or CW-sized, Kahrs are my favorites. I had a PM9 and it was great, but after I got a P9(CW size) I decided that it was just as easy to carry IWB... using the same CrossBreed MiniTuck... as the PM9. I sold the heavier K9(8 ounces heavier than the P9) and then the PM9. My main carry is the P40 and I'm working on getting my P45 reliable with flush-fitting 1911 Officer's model magazines for carry. I don't like the Kahr polymer "flush-fitting" magazines and have replaced those in the P9 and P40 with steel base plates, adding an O-ring to stop pinches... 3/32" thick by 3/4" ID neoprene O-ring.

I also added the available KAHR ported barrels for 1/2" more barrel and a little help with the recoil, especially the .40 S&W. The P9 didn't really need the recoil help, but the increase in length was nice.

I went from a high of 7 Kahrs to just 4.

Wynn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".