Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Slip on grips for cm9?

Default Slip on grips for cm9?

Looking for ideas on which size pachmayr grip or other brand of slip on grip would work on cm9?

I use Pachmayr #05177 on my MK. Grip Saver is another brand.

hogue grip all jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both.
    I put the Hogue Jr on mine and it does not twist as much as the Pachmayr when shooting. I did have Talons on it before adding the Hogue Jr so it went on a little tight and probably helped reduce the twisting.
    The Pachmayr has a little more thickness and rubbery feel to it, so it probably absorbs recoil slightly better, but my preference is the Hogue Jr

I've used the Hogues on different guns for many years and really like them. A few months back I bought a Pachmayr for my G29 and it's OK, but it makes an already fat grip even fatter. I have carried my little CM9 for several years with no aftermarket grip until just recently. I was in one of the LGS and saw the Talons hanging on a display rack and they had the rubber model for the CM9. I've known about the Talons for years and have shot a couple pistols with the sandpaper type on them, but didn't care much for them. Bought the rubber Talon, took it home and followed the instructions. Awesome product! It made a BIG difference in the way the CM9 felt in my hand. Really "grippy" with very little added thickness and it covers the cheese grater on the backstrap. I have a few more candidates for these grips, so I will be purchasing more. If you're set on a slip-on my vote is for Hogue, but if you have never tried the Talons I recommend giving them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    ... Bought the rubber Talon, took it home and followed the instructions. Awesome product! It made a BIG difference in the way the CM9 felt in my hand. Really "grippy" with very little added thickness and it covers the cheese grater on the backstrap. I have a few more candidates for these grips, so I will be purchasing more. If you're set on a slip-on my vote is for Hogue, but if you have never tried the Talons I recommend giving them a shot.
    My CM9 came w/ Pachmayr slip on grips. After removing them & thoroughly cleaning the pistol & the grips, they've been working well; very comfortable.

I really like the rubber textured Talon grips on chunkier double-stack pistols such as my Beretta Px4 Compact. I use a fine Exacto knife to cut a groove along the back strap to enable maintenance -- on the hammer spring, for example -- w/ no loss of grip. Talon had a year end promotion w/ the large Px4 grips reduced from $18 to $12. I bought a spare set.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStone View Post
    My CM9 came w/ Pachmayr slip on grips. After removing them & thoroughly cleaning the pistol & the grips, they've been working well; very comfortable.

I really like the rubber textured Talon grips on chunkier double-stack pistols such as my Beretta Px4 Compact. I use a fine Exacto knife to cut a groove along the back strap to enable maintenance -- on the hammer spring, for example -- w/ no loss of grip. Talon had a year end promotion w/ the large Px4 grips reduced from $18 to $12. I bought a spare set.
    +1 on the Talons. I use them on my XDs, but since the CM9 is smaller, it had a little more punch so my preference is a little more cushion for my non padded hands. The Hogue Grip helped remedy this for me.

I guess I'm cheap. A bicycle inner tube cut to fit and slipped on works fine for me. Not too thick and still a little grippy.

I used the inner tube until I finally broke out the wood burner and stippled the grip so it wasn't so course.
    The tube worked fine, I didn't like the looks at all but it functioned fine.

I'm not real impressed with the slip on grips truth be told. The Quik Grip I think was one of the best one's I've seen for looks and function.
    Not sure they are made anymore, there was some owner changing going on. They were like a custom fit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."