Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Where is the GEN2?

Default Where is the GEN2?

I have been curious about the GEN2 models for some time. They are listed in the 2017 Kahr catalogue and the previous version of TPs no longer appear. Does anyone know anything about the GEN2s? Inquiring minds want to know.

Any Kahr news from SHOT Show?

Only new offerings I saw for smaller firearms from Kahr was a nice looking Cerecote on a CW380 and a package deal they will be offering that comes with new Hogue hand grip etc.

The new handgrip from Hogue with beavertail and finger groove is quite nice and will be buying.

Walked entire show yesterday, took 7+ hours, finished a 100 oz water bag and stopped only at booths that really caught my attention and hitting the restroom. Felt like 15 or 20 miles and the more swag you scored the more you dragged!

Did come across a booth that had a nice stippling kit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Any Kahr news from SHOT Show?

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
    Only new offerings I saw for smaller firearms from Kahr was a nice looking Cerecote on a CW380 and a package deal they will be offering that comes with new Hogue hand grip etc.

The new handgrip from Hogue with beavertail and finger groove is quite nice and will be buying.

Walked entire show yesterday, took 7+ hours, finished a 100 oz water bag and stopped only at booths that really caught my attention and hitting the restroom. Felt like 15 or 20 miles and the more swag you scored the more you dragged!

Did come across a booth that had a nice stippling kit.
    The "Premium Gen 2" line is their larger P and TP series pistols with shorter, crisper triggers and some competition variants with extended ported barrels and optics cuts. You didn't see anything like that at Kahr's booth? They advertised them heavily at SHOT 2015 and SHOT 2016, and still have them listed as the very first category when you click "Kahr Products" on the website.

They were not showing them. I asked and they are still working on but do not have them finalized, so did not show them. They did not show the T9 either.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Kahr really got out there far to early early with the gen 2 advertising hype and vides that are nothing special in any way then along with there HIGH advertised retail price that tops any other polymer handgun in the industry along with no stainless steel gen 2 option sort of leaves me looking and moving on else where . They still have the cm/p series handgun gap well covered for pocket pistols other than a 380 but at this point there not much of a reason to stick around for the premium models that may or may not make it to production after 2 years and 2 months of nothing but hype and even that's missing from this years shot show !! To bad .

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
    Only new offerings I saw for smaller firearms from Kahr...they will be offering...new Hogue hand grip etc.

Those are Pachmayr, and they have been around for years...it's just a sleeve...you can buy those alone at most gun stores...

I spoke with Frank Harris at the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg. He stated that the Gen 2 pistols are being re-engineered and not to expect them for at least 18 months. The market is favoring the lower priced pistols so production is slated for that market for the near future.