Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Maybe PM40 is my next CCW?

Default Maybe PM40 is my next CCW?

Found this brand new PM40 with black slide and night sights at my local dealer. The price is irresistible, only $499. For PM9 black with combat sight they want $726. Here's my question. Is the recoil manageable like on PM9? Is it better than PM9? Reliability? Longevity? Issues? Please be free to elaborate honestly.
    Last edited by eligius; 01-28-2017 at 07:02 AM. Reason: typos

Default Maybe PM40 is my next CCW?

Price is great! Used or new. Mine shoots accurately but have to put a death grip on it but mine is a 2006. Just put 20.5 lb Wolff springs in it. Will report after taking to the range. I think the new springs will tame the recoil to make it more manageable. If I can shoot 2 inch groups it will go in the waistband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're worried about recoil, I think that you'll find the PM40 a handful. The .40 S&W IS snappier. I had a PM9 and I have a Black P40 that I upgraded to from a stainless Mag-na-ported P40. I put a Kahr ported barrel on the new P40 because it was a available and the pistol has snappier recoil than my P9. I don't think that I needed the ported barrel on either, but it gave me another half inch to more than compensate for the slight velocity loss of the porting.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".