Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun

Thread: New rifle in the house

Default New rifle in the house

Picked up a Century Arms C308 last week. Seems like their days of having their stuff built by drunken monkeys is over. This one is very smooth and being able to pick up magazines for $4-6 bucks each is a definite plus.
    Last edited by DeaconKC; 01-23-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Very nice. Have you been able to take it out and shoot it?
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Is that the same as a Cetme? I don't know nothing about them. Looks good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cool, I'm looking forward to reading how it shoots for you.

In the early 70's, I got some trigger time on a HK91. I remember thinking it was decent rifle, but had a bit more recoil than the M14's we were phasing out. I also seem to remember the fired brass from the 91 was marked by the chamber and while the sights were not as nice as those on the M14, I did like how quickly you could adjust elevation with the drum rear sight. I guess the C308's leaf rear sight would be pretty quick to adjust as well.

Do I spy a Stevens 311 in that display case?

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yup a 311 in 12 gauge, very good condition and I couldn't resist it.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

Range report soon I hope.

Mandatory. I'm curious about this one myself. How it shoots, recoil, accuracy, the whole deal.

Coworkers been after me to get a AR of some flavor for months. Maybe some thing like this in a real caliber but kind of AR look alike yet semi affordable will appease them and get them off my back?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Mandatory. I'm curious about this one myself. How it shoots, recoil, accuracy, the whole deal.

Coworkers been after me to get a AR of some flavor for months. Maybe some thing like this in a real caliber but kind of AR look alike yet semi affordable will appease them and get them off my back?
    Build one. Well, it's more like "assemble one". The lower is the "gun" with the serial number, and when I did mine I bought a stripped lower locally. It was fun sourcing stuff and putting it all together. Learned quite a bit. And it shoots! I put mine together over about 6 months with a .223 24" stainless heavy barrel, slick side upper, stock (for now) mil-spec trigger, and a free float handguard. MagPul furniture. 6-18x scope. Shoots better than I can. Still need to try it out on prairie dogs.