CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To sell or not to sell

Default To sell or not to sell

I am retired LE. I carry either a Kahr PM9 or a CW9. I also have a M&P shield 9 that I normally don't carry because of weight and nerve damage in my back. I am thinking of selling the M&P shield. Would you guys sell it or hang on to it???

I'd have to think on that one awhile myself. If you like the gun otherwise maybe other carry options would help. Cross draw or appendix carry or something. Seems every gun I've ever sold caused me regret at some time. I've tried to avoid the practice entirely.

I keep thinking sell and refocus, less gun but better quality logic but doesn't help much.

You must be hurting pretty good, the Shield isn't very heavy or large.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If it is a safe queen, then adios. It is nothing special like some weapons.

I'd hang on to it. I love my Shield, and I think it's a good idea to have a standby in case your EDC needs a trip to a gunsmith or is otherwise out of circulation.

Shields are as common as weeds, you likely wouldn't get a lot of money for a used one right now, if that makes a difference. I keep trying to sell off some of my safe queens, but I just don't have the salesman's touch, no one's biting.

The M&P shield has had 2 recalls, if I had one and it sat in the safe it would be off like yesterday underpants!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

If you don't need the denaro, keep it, or, do what I've done a lot of, make a trade.......................you get to shoot a lot of different firearms without the price tag......................

Nothing special about it. Get something you will shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pocket carry a CM9 90% of the time. I bought a 40S&W Shield on impulse when they first came out. Nothing wrong with it ,but I like my Kahr better.
    However, when I want deep concealment, I carry at the 12:00 position with a soft pouch holster below the belt line. I use my Shield because it has a thumb safety. The 12:00 position is very comfortable for me and no strain on the back.
    The Shield thumb safety also provided mental comfort when I tried appendix carry, as I hated the ICK factor of poking my femoral artery.
    Maybe hang onto the Shield if it has the thumb safety as you may someday want an alternate method of carry. If not, I see no reason to keep it other than the reasons already stated by other members above..

I have decided to keep the M&P Shield, at least for a while. I found some other alternative carry positions and it seems to be working. Thank you for all the comments.

Ken, first off welcome to the forum, there are lots of good people here.

I've had two back surgeries and when I want to carry a heavy gun I wear suspenders that hook under my carry belt and it really helps. My favorite full size gun to carry is a CZ sp 01 tactical that weighs a good three pound when fully loaded, and suspenders make all the difference. You can also try a contoured belt from comp-tac (I'll post their web address). The contoured belts are easier to break in than the other gun belts. I know for me pressure from a new belt can be miserable.
    With a lighter gun you can also use a double thick web belt. I've found the web belts to be softer against a tender back. I adjust according to what kind of day I'm having. Good luck, adjusting to significant back issues isn't easy.