Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New K9 - 1st outing and concern

They asked for the barrel and slide...

Are the barrels on the MK and K not Stainless then? I could have sworn it was stainless on my MK?

Yeah, I like the sights.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by nrccali View Post
    Are the barrels on the MK and K not Stainless then? I could have sworn it was stainless on my MK?
    I pretty sure they're a proprietary stainless steel but they still plate them.

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    I pretty sure they're a proprietary stainless steel but they still plate them.
    Okay, that is was I thought. I put my MK9 barrel on my buffer and shined the crap out of it. It does not look anything like polished nickel so that is why I was questioning.

Thanks!

Which is probably what you should do with the K9 barrel after testing. Then you won't see flakes.

I think that spot on the barrel would have resolved itself with a few hundred more rounds. I have a K9 with far more than 200 rounds through it, and that spot is buffed clean.

I thought about getting the TFO/TFX/TFX Pro sights, but I didn't like how they eat up so much sight radius by how long they are.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice how old the last post was before replying.

That "chipping" on the barrel shroud is normal. That is the exact same "wear" that's on the nickle plated finish on my Glock 23 frame rails, which was addressed on their forums. It's also the same exact "wear" on my CM9, CW40 & K9. At first it looks like "chipping" however after a couple hundred rounds it starts to look smoother & shinier as the parts break in. Clean it, lube it, shoot & enjoy, you're all good.

I think the barrels are E nickeled carbon steel. I've had one rust before. If anybody has the nickel flaking off, scrub it with Alcohol and touch a Q tip with instant blueing. I'm betting it turns black.