Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: CW40 muzzle flip

Default CW40 muzzle flip

Hello
    I am new to the post and thought I would ask for help with my
    CW40 I put a Hogue grip with two layers of bicycle inner tubes underneath and
    switched to 165 grain bullets the muzzle flip has decreased alot and can manage.
    Are there any other ways to cut the muzzle flip a little more?

Magna Porting helps with the flip a little. I did my K40, it's still a muzzle flipping dragon.

I shoot it just fine but I don't carry it anymore. Too much flip for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This could help. I replaced my Mag-na-ported SS P40 with a DLC/Black P40 and got the ported barrel. It helps SOME and doesn't make as much flash as the Mag-na-porting. The blast is thrown forward and up in front of the muzzle and not very noticeable.

http://www.kahr.com//guide-rods-and-...0-ptbrl40p.asp

4.0" Ported Barrel, P40 & CW40 (PTBRL40P)

Compensator for reduced recoil. Fits Kahr P40 and CW40. May require fitting.

****NOTE: These barrels will not fit older framed models that have not been updated. This update service is available through the service department at a cost of $190 + $25 s&h....If you are unsure of the age of your pistol, or wish to have this service performed, please contact the Gun Tech. Support & Service / Repair department. Qty: $129.99 MSRP: $144.43
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I would suggest shooting it some more as is, with regular old 180 gr. FMJ of your choice, none of that steel stuff, and if the recoil is still bothersome, which it sounds like, you may want to drop a caliber(or go up a caliber) Forty Cal. is what it is. Some like it, some hate it, and some love it. Out of polymer firearms, it's jumpy. It's just like any other caliber. The more you practice with it, the better it gets. There are lots of deals on .40 cal. firearms right now. The ammo is easy to find, even during an "ammo" crisis, but if you don't like recoil, it may not be for you.....................................

Thank you, do I also have to get the slide ported? I also served in the USAF thanks for serving.

Cool 40 S&W = 180 gr

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegyoza View Post
    Hello
    I am new to the post and thought I would ask for help with my
    CW40 I put a Hogue grip with two layers of bicycle inner tubes underneath and
    switched to 165 grain bullets the muzzle flip has decreased alot and can manage.
    Are there any other ways to cut the muzzle flip a little more?
    Absolutely, go with 180 gr.
    Less recoil and better groups in all my 40 S&W guns.
    MK40 Elite is totally in love with that weight regardless of manufacturer.
    It will feed anything.
    But I'm running Federal HST

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegyoza View Post
    Thank you, do I also have to get the slide ported? I also served in the USAF thanks for serving.
    If you get the set up Wyntrout mentions you don't need to port the slide. It's all out front.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have the Kahr ported barrels for the P9 and the P40. If they made a .45 ported barrel, I would buy that, too. This is the ammo I use with each, too, based on the Lucky Gunner Testing. The P40 is my favorite concealed carry. I haven't shot my P45 enough to carry it, yet. We did a lot of traveling over the Christmas/New Year holidays.

Wynn

My wife and I are both retired USAF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I would suggest shooting it some more as is, with regular old 180 gr. FMJ of your choice, none of that steel stuff, and if the recoil is still bothersome, which it sounds like, you may want to drop a caliber(or go up a caliber) Forty Cal. is what it is. Some like it, some hate it, and some love it. Out of polymer firearms, it's jumpy. It's just like any other caliber. The more you practice with it, the better it gets. There are lots of deals on .40 cal. firearms right now. The ammo is easy to find, even during an "ammo" crisis, but if you don't like recoil, it may not be for you.....................................
    This!

I too prefer 9mm in these polymer micro guns.
    For 40 S&W?
    I choose the heavier all stainless steel MK40 Elite.
    Still only shoot 180 gr ammo with it.
    Not only are 180 gr softer shooting.
    The Mk groups much better with them.