Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire

Default Hello from New Hampshire

Hello everyone,

I thought I would join up and see what things are happening in the Kahr community. I purchased a P380 a few years ago as a micro carry pistol, and have been really happy with it. I have carried everything from K frame Smiths, to 1911's, as well as a smaller PPK/s and Makarov. I find myself carrying the little P380 more frequently than my full sized pistols lately, and don't see too much discussion about Kahrs on other forums. I felt it would be good to join Kahr Talk, and see what others are shooting.

Thanks,

N6

Welcome to the forum, N6.

The P380 is one of my favorite Kahrs. I wear it in and around the house and when I want max concealment. I usually carry my P40 when I leave the house to shop or something. I prefer the P-series... P40, P9, and P45 for main carry, but the diminutive P380 definitely has a niche. I use Underwood +P Gold Dots for my defense load.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Thanks for the welcome,

I have been carrying Hornady 90gr. XTP in mine, and have been pretty happy with the performance. So much so that I have been debating getting a larger one.

I have been eying the P and K series Kahrs in 9mm and 40S&W. Most of my shooting with auto's has been with 40S&W and 45ACP, but I am tempted by the 9mm pistols out there. I am glad to hear you like your P40. The smallest 40 I have shot is a G27, and I am not sure how it compares to the P40. Unfortunately, there are very few Kahrs in my area, and I will have to order whatever model I decide on (like I did with my P380), so I plan to do some more research.

Thank you again,

N6

Welcome NUMBER 6.....now we need to find the OTHER 5.
    I love New Hampshire, got family up on Ragged Mountain.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Welcome from N.C. Two weeks ago we had snow and temp in the teens. Near 70 degrees today.
    I every day pocket carry the CM9. It also suits well on rare occasions for ankle carry. For belt carry I use a CW9 or CW45.
    With Federal HST 9mm ammo I doubt there is much difference from the 45 in short barrel effectiveness. I like my CW45 a little better but do not shoot it as much due to the fact that it stings my arthritic wrist. Not much muzzle flip in any of the Kahrs.
    I had a CW380 Kahr which I liked but my Daughter took and kept it. The CM9 is small enough I saw no reason to replace it with another 380.

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

I prefer 9mm. I only have one .380, a very good CZ 83 that lives in my Jeep as a full time backup weapon.

Welcome from New Mexico and former Pease AFB resident

Hello and welcome from Indiana!