Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NOOOOOO! The saga continues. MK9 going back again

berettabone,
    You trying to let me know that you want to buy my MK9 or something? Hahahaha. Make me a good offer and we'll talk. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers. I'm willing to have that chat if I think I'll get remotely close to what I paid for the firearm, TFX sights, and G10 grips. It'll come with 4 mags :-).

Very nice smoothing on that trigger guard and stippling. Dare I say about a glock it even looks......... good?

Sold my last Glock last weekend. Now glockless with no regrets since I havd the CZ bug really bad.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Does anyone know what manufacturing operations were moved to the new plant in PA? I'm thinking some of the more recent quality issues might be connected to the challenges of moving operations from one location to another. Have you ever been to a new restaurant and had to endure poor service? I don't want to be making excuses for Kahr, but I'd like to understand how some things like a lousy barrel can escape their facility.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    .......since I have the CZ bug really bad.
    Oh, thank you so much for this.

Thanks to your post with your C100, I now own one.

"Stuff" is still inbound, but I already have 100 rounds through it. Oh damn, it's nice!

I've got Truglo TFX sights on the way. I'm concerned about the front sight removal/install, since the bottom of the dovetail seems to be covered by the barrel bushing. A local gun shop owner is on the CZ Clone forum, and he swears it isn't an issue.....

yqt,
    Thank you. It's funny that you mention CZ since Glocks and CZs are my primary handguns. I love the CZs. They have the best ergos in the game. I did catch myself swearing more than a few times at that damn decocker sear though hahaha.

topgun,
    crap happens. Just when it continues to, does it really become a concern. Very well could be because of moving I guess. I was unaware they were moving to my state of PA.

Ed,
    I did some sight swapping on a Canik55 Stingray C and I was able to get CZ 75 sights to fit. It did take a little bit of filing of the underside, just so you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Oh, thank you so much for this.

Thanks to your post with your C100, I now own one.

"Stuff" is still inbound, but I already have 100 rounds through it. Oh damn, it's nice!

I've got Truglo TFX sights on the way. I'm concerned about the front sight removal/install, since the bottom of the dovetail seems to be covered by the barrel bushing. A local gun shop owner is on the CZ Clone forum, and he swears it isn't an issue.....
    Glad I could help. If there is anything else I can do just let me know.... Get the 13.5 hamner spring if you haven't yet.

I've been contemplating enlarging the factory sight dots and filling them with Glow-on http://www.glow-on.com . That stuff looks cool and it appears better than my stock P-07 and P-09 sights. Plus its cheap. Figure it cant hurt. The C-100 is crazy accurate.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by Genin View Post
    berettabone,
    You trying to let me know that you want to buy my MK9 or something? Hahahaha. Make me a good offer and we'll talk. Shoot me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers. I'm willing to have that chat if I think I'll get remotely close to what I paid for the firearm, TFX sights, and G10 grips. It'll come with 4 mags :-).
    I'm not the hinting type. I already have an MK, and since I can't carry 2 at the same time, and since I would never relegate a Kahr to a safe, I guess your s#!t out of luck. Personally if it were mine, it would go to the nearest LGS and be traded off for something I did trust, and that did work consistently. I wouldn't waste safe space, and I wouldn't waste ammunition. I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase an MK that is now going on 18 years old, and I believe that the older models are much better quality than the new. I have read about the patience that many have had with their Kahr's. I would not be one of them. I had some minor issues with mine, but have taken care of them for the most part. If they would have been anything other than minor, the gun would be gone. I don't purchase firearms to fondle, fix, bling, work on, change, etc. I buy them for protection. I give you all of the credit in the world. You have much more patience than I, and it sucks when things like this happen, especially at todays prices. A lesson I learned a long time ago, is to make sure a firearm works to my satisfaction, before I spend a dime on anything for it. I wish you luck

Thanks Beretta

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Glad I could help. If there is anything else I can do just let me know.... Get the 13.5 hamner spring if you haven't yet.

I've been contemplating enlarging the factory sight dots and filling them with Glow-on http://www.glow-on.com . That stuff looks cool and it appears better than my stock P-07 and P-09 sights. Plus its cheap. Figure it cant hurt. The C-100 is crazy accurate.
    Got the 15 lb Wolff hammer spring, but I may not install it. Trigger in DA isn't too shabby, and SA is awesome!

I tried that Glow on stuff on another gun that now has Trijicons on it. The Glow-on is a very pale green that makes it tough to see in anything but daylight. It does glow like crazy for several minutes when you hit it with a bright led light though. Just drilling out the dots bigger and re-painting them white would be my choice other than replacing the sights entirely.

I'll probably chicken out on the TFX install and have the local 'smith do it. Looks like the only way to get the front sight off is to remove the barrel bushing first. The smith says you don't have to, and I should bring it over if I don't want to attempt it. He does cerakote in house, so if he boogers it, he can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Just drilling out the dots bigger and re-painting them white would be my choice other than replacing the sights entirely.
    Thats a good idea. I may go with that instead. There's not much paint in the existing holes which may be the issue.

Visit here: