Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new Frankenstein

Default My new Frankenstein

Well this is my latest Frankenstein! Last year I got a star sizer that I showed on the forum. And love it but the last time I used it I had 2500 bullets to size with it, still a lot of handling of the bullets. Then I started to think about a bullet feeder, the trick was to make one that would feed the bullets nose down and would flip and nose up to the down position. So started drawing up some ideas and came up with this. Now I had most of the stuff on hand like the steel and wood, I did need a motor that I got at lowes and that was a grill rotisserie motor for $29. So when I started had a 5 gal bucket and the motor and started fitting things together. Making the bullet disk was a bit tough but got that done and fitted. So you can see on the one photo the drop hole is offset, so nose down they drop but if in nose up the base of the bullet can’t drop because of the offset. Then if it doesn’t drop goes to the next station where a grove is cut on a angle that starts the bullet to flip (cool to watch). Took many days to fine tune it, I would throw a few hundred in and just watch it making sure they would drop perfect. Had to modify it several times, once I had 100% feed then I welded up the frame. Then I worked on the part at the bottom where the bullet drops in the die. Made the bullet bar out of Maple good hardwood and built around that now I needed to make it work automatic. I had a electromagnet unit I bought years ago for something else but never used it. I was hard figuring the right arm length to get the proper throw, but finally got that to work. To make electromagnet work I put a switch under the new and longer activating arm, so when the handle went in the full up position made the electromagnet engage and as soon as the handle come down it retracts. KOOL I GOT THIS FAR!!! now how to control how many bullet go down the feeding tube. This is where I learn more than what I wanted again, so looking around I found a guy the did a system with electronics. He built a circuit board that used infrared sensors( now really at my age to build my first circuit board) but I did and it wasn’t easy. All the stuff was available at radio shack. But it works really good as the bullets fill the tube it stops then you set the second sensor on the bottom as the tube is emptied it won’t refill till it gets to the bottom sensor and fills back up to the top. That saves the motor from short cycling. Did add some small ball bearing under the bullet plate to help with the weight of all the bullets. So I think this whole thing cost around $100 to make. The commercial units I have seen got around $1000 and guys where complaining about them. So I didn’t have the money and if it going to give you problems, I figured I was hardheaded enough to get this done. So just got done casting 3100 45 swc and this will make easy work of it. So that’s my story and stickin to it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (14.0 KB, 93 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (14.5 KB, 92 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (16.3 KB, 92 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (16.7 KB, 89 views)
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot

• File Type: jpg 5.jpg (15.3 KB, 83 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (14.0 KB, 82 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (14.3 KB, 81 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (13.0 KB, 81 views)
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest

unreal...................sorry, that's all I got...........!

Dude. We should put you on a watch list. A little uranium and you could rule the world.

I'm still trying to get over the snow blower you McGyver'd, now this...

I'm speechless too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Bawanna sometimes I have my shining moments. So just did my first full run on this wild thing and was getting 30 sized and lubed bullets per minute, that’s 300 in 10 minutes.
    Think this doubles as an exercise machine, if nothing else I’m building the muscles in my shooting arm. Now if I can find me a nice slow geared down motor I can make this into full auto, just a thought
    Last edited by Harrylee; 02-04-2017 at 05:54 PM.

I'm with Bawanna, a zero turn snow blower? This had to be peanuts! You're quite the talented thinker, but we probably couldn't afford you're hourly rate. Very cool!
    Remember Muggsy. RIP Salty Dog. And the Tman

Excellent. I'm waiting on that big perpetual motion machine that generates excess power and solves the world energy needs. And I say that in all seriousness.

As always I'm impressed.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Interesting!