Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Default What am I doing wrong?

Well, broke down and ordered three 9mm metal followers from Al. Today at the range with my K9, the slide locks open with one round left in the magazine. The first time it happened, I thought I must have hit the slide lock or something, paid extra attention next mag, and same thing, locked open with one round remaining. Now, here's the kicker. With my carry guns, I always practice one handed, strong side, one handed weak side. When I did the weak side (left) hand, worked like a champ, no issues with premature slide lock. I think I might be pulling my little finger under the mag and putting extra up force on it, not sure. Anyone else observe this strange behavior? Never happened with the factory followers.

I did not do the left hand thing until late in the session, will have to give more thought to the problem and see if I can repeat next week.
    NRA Benefactor

I have a fix for you on that. I need to exchange your followers. In my latest updates to the followers, I created a problem in some guns, usually K9s or MK9s.

PM me or email and I will get it take care of.

Thanks,
    Al
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I have a fix for you on that. I need to exchange your followers. In my latest updates to the followers, I created a problem in some guns, usually K9s or MK9s.

Thanks,
    Al
    Sent
    you a PM.
    NRA Benefactor

Don't we wish all vendors were as responsive and RESONSIBLE as Lakeline! Good job, Al.

New guy here..I emailed Al at his site, after seeing those sweet G-10 grips in an online pic somewhere.. Took me a while to figure out who made them. I finally found the Lakeland site and emailed with some questions about their mag extensions.. Al responds back to my email questions immediately. Even when I persisted and asked additional questions off topic about Kahr guns, he responded back quickly with more good information.. i just saw this complimentary post. Hi Al and thanks, again!! ..also, still interested in that +2 for the K40. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post

Thanks,
    Al
    Now thats service right there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Al gives great service. Emails you right back when there is a problem and is ready to help you with the issue.