Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remora review

Default Remora review

So I picked up two remoras half off. I searched around and almost went nuts choosing options, it was going to be a gamble. In the end I went with standard to be safe and to see what all the hoopla was about and a 2-1 standard with magazine extension. I have not seen many reviews on the mag extensions so i thought i'd post.

Both holsters are well made and a great deal. Even if you dont buy into the stick craze for $25 bucks I think its the best no frills holster you can find. And add a clip with the 2-1 and you have the best of both worlds.

The standard is great for my cm9 and for my lifestyle. But at aiwb it is not ideal, it needs compresion from the belt, so on the hip is best. This is not the holster you want if you live in Allepo, but for practicality it handles most jobs andbis very comfortable. . This will be my go to working from home, in and out of the car, and around the suburbs.

The 2-1 in my opinion is the holster to get. You have security from a clip, range of motion, and the sticky taking weight off your belt. The magazine extension adds to the surface area and I cant feel anything at all wearing it, it contours to your body, and the clip is tuckable. I will wear this on my appts to the city with a spare mag.

Both are very comfortable. Long story short, my opinion is to get the 2-1, and get the partial SS if your over 40 and don't make it to the gym very often, or if you have controls on your gun. That holster will do everything. Mag extension if you order more than one, it wears nicely AIWB, Cross Draw or behind the hip.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by AugWest; 02-07-2017 at 06:14 PM.

+1 for the clip model. While performing yard work,clipless holster will fall down your pants leg if belt is not tight enough.

I have one of their pocket holsters that i'm very pleased with.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

can you pocket carry the +1? do you have to switch the gun to the weak hand if a reload is needed ?

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Ah yes options, a marketing genius...and the reason you bought 2 holsters
    I bought a Remora when they 1st came out...no options/one design
    Still use/love it,
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    Ah yes options, a marketing genius...and the reason you bought 2 holsters
    I bought a Remora when they 1st came out...no options/one design
    Still use/love it,
    I know, and now I actually need a third, because I didnt get a standard 2-1 with partial Ss and i was out of town all month and past the return date. Thats why I rarely buy anything online. Still, good holster, and I know what my other guns need now.

Quote Originally Posted by AugWest View Post
    I know, and now I actually need a third, because I didnt get a standard 2-1 with partial Ss and i was out of town all month and past the return date. Thats why I rarely buy anything online. Still, good holster, and I know what my other guns need now.
    Yes, and women seem to love them...and post vid reviews
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izM0fiz6kk

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...views+by+women
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Quote Originally Posted by bugs View Post
    can you pocket carry the +1? do you have to switch the gun to the weak hand if a reload is needed ?

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER
    Sorry, I missed this.

Yes, it appears he gives pockatable postols a different cut. The standard for my cm9 has a hook that catches on your draw. it works. I am 6'3 230 lbs and wear mostly dockers and levis and it fits with not much printing, The material is pretty slim, but I would say the cm9 at 20 ounces loaded is the max weight id want to pocket carry, but I can see getting used to it.

It depends where you carry the +1. I do not aiwb, but it would be great cross draw there. But there, or at 4 ' ocklock I do not have to weak hand it. The mag sits at 3'oclock. I am glad it has the clip, because the weight is getting up there.

I would also add that the SS would not help with pocket carry or with the draw on a small, 2 finger grip pistol. My cw9 will get a partial ss though.

Also, follow the break in instructions, heat it up with a blow dryer, put it in the freezer for 5 minutes, repeatbas neccesar and you will have few problems drawing.

I have to agree about the Remora ......I received one for my CT45 and I was skeptical at first, but the more I wear it on a daily basis, the more I think I need one for the P9 and a couple of other EDC's I have around.

I buy a Remora for all my pistols and revolvers. I keep them in there to store and go.