Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you are ever in the Yuma AZ area, WOW do I have a place where you will want to GO!

Let me echo AIRret's post from above; my buddy and I had an absolutely great time with her and her husband. They are charming folks and excellent shots. I liked them both immediately. My buddy told me he shares the same sentiments.
    They had some fine firearms with them and were gracious in letting us shoot them. AIRret's battle pistol has the best trigger (both single and double action) I've ever experienced on a CZ75 variant.
    Bawanna, her hubby had a sweet, lightweight Commander in play and he is no slouch with it...you gotta like a gent who shoots .45ACP!
    I'd say they are two very accomplished individuals as well...one of them even holds some weight lifting records...but that's another story.
    It was really a pleasure and a privilege to meet them. Another great day in the desert SW

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 02-07-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Well I don't see any ugly dude, I do see the hot chick, and I want that 57/58/59 pickup.

You do have to love a 45 shooter for sure. A light weight commander of some flavor can be seen in my future.
    My son got one, a Smith I think. It's pretty sweet.

Yall enjoy your outing tomorrow. Don't let none of them cell doors accidently close with you on the wrong side.
    I google earthed the prison, didn't see the umbrella dude but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Figured a bit more crude and maybe it is when you get inside.

Have fun. Thanks for the pics. I like pictures.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Another day in paradise! Great company, the Southwest ambiance, and a "REAL" OLD WEST PRISON. The only thing better would have included a shooting range in the prison yard!
    Wow they had some mean women there, and I'm not just talking about the inmates. A woman warden was actually named man of the YEAR….honest to God!!
    They really cared about the inmates. The day before a hanging they would weigh the victim, I mean crook…oops..inmate and then assemble weights equal to his weight, tie the rope to it and do a dry run of the hanging. You see they had to find out the proper length of rope that would allow the body to drop far enough and fast enough to ensure a quick death, but not enough that the person would loose their head. Here's a link for more information;
    http://www.yumaprison.org/index.html
    Bawanna, you know the ugly dude you were talking about….he may have showed up. That is if Greg post the picture of my hubby's mug shot…what a face! expression.
    Next we were graciously treated to a wonderful late lunch at the "Prison Hill Brewing CO., a micro brewery. Now, you can see four fat people….NOT!
    At lunch we met Greg's lovely wife. Great lady, we can see why he feels she's the best thing that's happened to him. She's in the medical field and has done some amazing charitable work over seas, and continues to practice here at home while continuing to pursue her Doctorate degree. A motivated and dedicated woman, who loves Greg.

I'm still waiting for pictures. Been waiting all day. Don't let me down.

Speaking of pictures my sister brought over boxes of pictures that were from my dad's place that have been at her house for 10 years.

There's a graduation picture from Marine Corp Recruiting Depot of my dad from 1952. I'm gonna get that one framed and hung with pride.
    Things were a little different in 52 than they were 2 years ago. Surprised he went to San Diego being from Missouri but maybe he was on the line or something.

Lots of very old pictures. Kind of fun to look through.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Another day in paradise! Great company, the Southwest ambiance, and a "REAL" OLD WEST PRISON. The only thing better would have included a shooting range in the prison yard!
    Wow they had some mean women there, and I'm not just talking about the inmates. A woman warden was actually named man of the YEAR….honest to God!!
    They really cared about the inmates. The day before a hanging they would weigh the victim, I mean crook…oops..inmate and then assemble weights equal to his weight, tie the rope to it and do a dry run of the hanging. You see they had to find out the proper length of rope that would allow the body to drop far enough and fast enough to ensure a quick death, but not enough that the person would loose their head. Here's a link for more information;
    http://www.yumaprison.org/index.html
    Bawanna, you know the ugly dude you were talking about….he may have showed up. That is if Greg post the picture of my hubby's mug shot…what a face! expression.
    Next we were graciously treated to a wonderful late lunch at the "Prison Hill Brewing CO., a micro brewery. Now, you can see four fat people….NOT!
    At lunch we met Greg's lovely wife. Great lady, we can see why he feels she's the best thing that's happened to him. She's in the medical field and has done some amazing charitable work over seas, and continues to practice here at home while continuing to pursue her Doctorate degree. A motivated and dedicated woman, who loves Greg.
    My wife and I had a most enjoyable time with AIRret and her husband today. She has covered the prison and lunch, so I'll not rehash that other than to say "thank you" to them for putting up with us. They are special people and though we've only met a short time ago, I'm going to miss them quite a bit when they head north.
    I'd also like to thank MB for the words she has written about my wife: she is truly amazing and the best thing that has ever happened to me.
    OK, enough touchy/feely stuff, old salts shouldn't be waxing on in such manner anyway....and the Colonel wants photos!
    Sure you are

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm still waiting for pictures. Been waiting all day. Don't let me down.

Speaking of pictures my sister brought over boxes of pictures that were from my dad's place that have been at her house for 10 years.

There's a graduation picture from Marine Corp Recruiting Depot of my dad from 1952. I'm gonna get that one framed and hung with pride.
    Things were a little different in 52 than they were 2 years ago. Surprised he went to San Diego being from Missouri but maybe he was on the line or something.

Lots of very old pictures. Kind of fun to look through.
    East of the Mississippi, you go to boot camp; west of it, you go to Hollywood.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 02-07-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

What a great time! That looks like it was lots of fun. Maybe Bawanna and I should carpool down for next time. Thanks for sharing the fun with the rest of us!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    What a great time! That looks like it was lots of fun. Maybe Bawanna and I should carpool down for next time. Thanks for sharing the fun with the rest of us!
    It really was a great time Alfonse. I'd sure look forward to a visit from you and Bawanna.
    Regards,
    Greg

Thanks so much for the pictures. Fine, fine looking group of folks.
    I figured I'd be able to pick Greg out of a line up but in the range picture I honestly didn't even know it was you.
    Must be the hat?

Thanks for sharing your great day with the rest of us.

I'd really dig a visit to the land of Greg, that's a sure thing. And if I drive Alfonse, there's definitely a seat in the rig with your name on it. Maybe we can pickup JG on the way through Oregon too.

Oh and I consider myself a pretty decent judge of character and applying those skills I think MB's hubby is indeed innocent.
    Last edited by Bawanna; 02-12-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"Oh and I consider myself a pretty decent judge of character and applying those skills I think MB's hubby is indeed innocent."

Innocent, maybe, but definitely not naive. Wait until his 92 year old Mother sees the mug shot!!!! Actually, it will give her a good laugh. She's very sharp and still lives on her own….what a blessing.

The picture of your Dad has to be a real treasure, has your Marine son ever seen it?

He's seen my dad's picture that took in uniform but not the squad picture. I've never seen it either. Actually I think my wife texted him a copy of the picture.
    The cool thing for what it's worth is my dad wrote down the name of every guy in the picture numbered on the back. Don't imagine many are still around but maybe a few.

We determined he was 22 years old when he went in which I thought was a bit old, but then I remembered he was the only one that could drive the school bus where he lived so they gave him a delayed entry to finish out the school year and maybe even a second.

I still recall 2 sets of scratch marks on my grandma's front porch, one slightly deeper than the other. The deep ones were when they drug my dad out of the house for the Marines, the second is when they drug me out of the house to move to Washington.

Often wonder how different things would be had they left me in Missouri.

And I guess Greg's right, we were just west of the Mississippi near Hannibal. So going to Hollywood makes sense.
    Last edited by Bawanna; 02-13-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan