CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: Desert Eagle Brass Catcher

Default Desert Eagle Brass Catcher

Local range has policy "If it hits the ground, it's theirs". Any catchers out there that attach to rail so I can get 44 brass home to reload?
    Thanks in advance for your time.

If it were me I'd be looking for a new range. That is BS for any range to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    If it were me I'd be looking for a new range. That is BS for any range to claim.
    I agree, but sometimes this may not be an option.

I have used the Caldwell brass catcher mounted on a tripod. For some guns, that spit the brass out in a consistent direction, this works very well. For others that are inconsistent, it is not the best option. It works best if you can hold the gun right next to the net while firing.

The Caldwell net comes with plastic rods that make up the hoop. They are relatively brittle and easy to break, which mine did. I ended up buying the smallest diameter PEX tubing at Home Depot, and found that 1/4" threaded rod fit perfectly inside, so I fashioned my own one-piece hoops. Leave the net a little slack, as a tight net will cause some brass to bounce off and out of the net.

You can also fashion your own net. I saw a photo online somewhere (don't remember where) that a person made a net that strapped to his arm and did fairly well at catching pistol brass.

If this is an outdoor range, use a tarp. If it lands on the tarp, technically it never touched the ground.