I searched a bit and didn't see any posts about this issue... maybe someone can shed some light here.
I bought a Mk VII 50AE Desert Eagle in 1993. I have shot it about 3000-3500 times over the years as it isn't exactly a plinking gun. The only issue it has ever had were caused by weakening springs or deteriorated extractor nub/spring. I can't say it has never failed, but it is extremely rare.

So I bought a new 50AE Barrel with the intention of having a muzzle brake installed... I didn't want to modify my original firearm. I thought I better test it before having the work done, and to my amazement, it basically doesn't work. The symptom is failure to feed... empty chamber. Extraction is perfect, but it has never fired more than two shots in a row without manually racking the slide.

I dropped my original barrel back in and fired 14 shots, mixing limp wristed with iron-grip in there, factory MR 300's and 350's perfect, as always. Even tried one of the new magazines and it worked fine, with my barrel. Dropped the new barrel back in, and converted it to an instant 1 or 2 shot max. It does manage to set the hammer without fail however, so the gas port isn't completely blocked or anything close.

This issue got me looking around on the internet and have spent a few hours reading the horror stories of Desert Eagle pistols... while my experience is based on one firearm, it is more like a perfectionists love story. I know all about the issues that arise from grip, weak springs all around etc... but this issue is something I have no experience with.

My questions might be...
Gas port issue?
Compatibility issue? (with early Mk VII 50AE)
Bad barrel?

I also bought a 44 Magnum barrel, which I have not fired yet... I will try it soon and see what happens... if I get many failures, I will assume there is something strange about this particular Mk VII.

I am not a gunsmith, but I am a machinist. I checked this barrel very closely against mine and could find nothing different with most dimensions relative to function. The barrels are made completely different. My original is a two part barrel with completely different machining and the inlet gas port at 7 o'clock... while this new barrel is single part and 6 o'clock gas port.

I think tomorrow I will take the springs out and cycle it carefully and see if I can feel anything dragging.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who reads this and thank you in advance to anyone who can help. I am open to most any suggestions.

MrBlackCat