Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Another ugly gun

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If that's worth anything in peso's, I'll split it with ya right down the middle fair and square.

I'm always honest too, been a curse since birth. Doubled by the fact that I was born in Missouri. Folks in Missouri always speak the truth. They have committed some of the most heinous crimes in history but they don't lie about it.
    Did you strangle that family and chop them up with a cordless sawzall? Yup, that what I dun.
    Missouri is the show me State…..right! Hmmmmmmm, that could be interesting!

Met some cowboy/cowgirls in the camping area today, what a friendly bunch. Of course they also want us to become cowboy action shooters. I was talking to one of them and hubby and I had just gotten off the range and were pretty dirty (it was windy today) and I said I'd like to introduce myself and shake your hand but I'm covered in range dirt. He said us cowboys ain't afraid of a little dirt and he shook my hand and we had a nice talk. He also shoots trap and skeet but he said; "those shot gun folks aren't as friendly as cowboy action shooters are.
    Heck, who knows, as a kid I had a draw full of toy six shooters, even had one of those Bat Masterson hats that had a secret derringer that was ready to pop out!!! What fun!

That weren't Bat Masterson, that were Roy Rogers. I had one too.

There's a video of one of them around here some place. I don't know what happened to mine. I usually don't part with stuff.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

We grew up dirt poor, never could afford something that fancy. I did have a Cap pistol, but no caps.

Colonel, is this your pistol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9eMjtnAZ3g
    NRA Benefactor

That weren't Bat Masterson, that were Roy Rogers. I had one too.

There's a video of one of them around here some place. I don't know what happened to mine. I usually don't part with stuff.
    Mine was black, and I didn't think Roy Rogers wore black hats. My hat was shaped like the one Adam wore on Bonanza (flat on top).
    I asked hubby about Bat Masterson's hat and he said it was a derby, mine definitely wasn't a derby.

All my toy guns went to nieces and nephews, the only one I still have is an M16. The trigger on that one still makes a Brrrrrrr sound.

Yup kenemore, that was my hat.

Bat Masterson had a hat that was kind of different. It wasn't a derby although I've always been fond of Derby's. I have such a big head I can never find one to fit. There is a Bat Masterson hat offered by one or more of the hat makers.
    I check the hat store in Virginia City every visit trying to find Derby but so far no good. They did have the Bat Mastersons but again nothing close to my size.
    There's a place there that makes hats that said he'd make me one but too rich for me.

So far I always left with a new hat anyhow.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

OK, glad for the correction.
    What fun, a gun and hat combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    That is a fine looking weapon Greg! And, your projects get done so quickly. I have to take some inspiration from that and whittle down some of the projects I have sitting around. As usual, great work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bills1873 View Post
    Came out quite nice! I like that.
    Alfonse and Bill, Thanks!
    Get jeepster on the line. 550 bucks?

Dude, that thing turned out just awesome. The "Blue Thang" was an incredibly short lived but much deserved title.

That Springer looks fine too, don't now how bad it was going in but it's not looking bad at all now.

Them grips look good on it too but I'm gonna check my drawer, might be a set looking for a home. Haven't looked in awhile.
    Bawanna, Thanks boss. I think "The Blue Thang' is still it's name...it's just that it has experienced a metamorphosis. My buddy had previously ordered a set of ebony grips for the 1911 and they've arrived. Pretty nice grips plus there were some fancy grip screws included: I'd say an excellent deal for under $20
    The screws were stainless so we plated them with black nickle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Ugly gun no more. That thing looks great!
    As usual, your workmanship is impeccable.
    Thanks Ed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    See there? My point is proven. That looks nice.

Now its no longer a Tanfoglio, its a Fantoglio - Model GB6491. Up for sale for $550 as the Colonel stated. Character wear on the slide at no extra charge. It turned out real nice.
    Thank you on all accounts. Your earlier comment gave me the impetus to go ahead with the RIT dye. Previous to that, I was on the fence in regards to leaving it blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Outstanding Greg!! Both guns look great….very nice photos!

If the dye job didn't work, my Hubby says you could have wrapped it in duct tape…duct tape fixes everything....
    Thanks MB! That's a good man you have there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Mine was black, and I didn't think Roy Rogers wore black hats. My hat was shaped like the one Adam wore on Bonanza (flat on top).
    I asked hubby about Bat Masterson's hat and he said it was a derby, mine definitely wasn't a derby.

All my toy guns went to nieces and nephews, the only one I still have is an M16. The trigger on that one still makes a Brrrrrrr sound.
    I think it's appropriate that this thread has drifted to toy guns (or did it drift at all) considering that the blue frame did make the Tanfoglio look a bit toyish.

Roy Rogers probably didn't wear a black hat (or at least not very often), but that didn't stop Ideal from marketing a black version of the quick shooter hat....you could let your Evil Roy out even back then.

On another note, while searching for the black hat, I came across this photo couldn't help thinking ...
    Photo from https://www.terapeak.com

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

What an amazing job!! Hubby says that's a gun to "dye" for……that's his sense of humor.
    Sincerely, IMPRESSIVE!
    Your contributions to this forum are great…..I always learn sooooooo much!
    Thanks!!

Ebony grips with fancy screws included for 20 bucks. And to think they say there's no money to be made making grips.

That's a steal.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Greg that's not a picture of me, but It sure could have been!