Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: CW380.....To cerakote or not to cerakote, that is the question

Default CW380.....To cerakote or not to cerakote, that is the question

Evening folks. New member, quick question. In the process of ordering a CW380 and have to decide SS or Tungsten Cerakote. First gut reaction is stainless, especially if you consider I have never owned a weapon that has either come from factory with a cerakote finish or have had a weapon cerakoted after market. I'm not familiar with it and have always had stainless for my favorite weapons. However....

If I order SS then only thing I need to consider is night sight or not. But if I order the tungsten finish, it includes an additional magazine, grip glove (don't care), finger rest on mag (don't care), 3 dot sight (kinda don't care). In other words, $20 extra bucks for the mag and cerakote and other stuff I probably won't use. What's the hang-up? Need to know if anybody has had any issues with the cerakote finish from Kahr. I like the idea of saving money for the extra mag, but can't shake the feeling that if I get the cerakote then I'll be stepping down in finishes from stainless.

This is where you kind folks get to bring me up to speed on the good, bad, and ugly of Kahr and the finishes on their firearms. Of course I could also be overthinking this, but I'm still curious. Thx for your responces.

Well all your gonna get is opinions and personal preferences.

Me personally I figure paint belongs on houses and barns and cars. Not Kahrs or any other gun.

With stainless if you bang it up, you can smooth it out, bead blast it or just polish and get on with your day.

Cerakote I'm told is good stuff, it's pretty durable, many like it. I've never had much experience with it.

But if you bang it up a bit it's like the first scratch in your new car. Lot of similarities between cars and Kahr's here ain't there. Then you gotta deal with the heartache and disappointment, probably be curled up on the kitchen floor sucking your thumb. I know. I've been there many times myself.

Now once again, that's just me and my own opinion.

Now jeepster is gonna come along and say go cerakote, any color you like as long as it's green. And that's ok too, don't hold nothing against him and his misguided indulgences. He's got a scooter I want so be kind ya know.

Hope this helped. I do have my doubts.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have the CW3833TU3 in tungsten cerakote with the 3-dot sights (which I can see MUCH better than the bar-dots on the SS). I also have the P380 in DLC Black with Trijicons. I like black & the non-shiny tungsten slide for a pocket gun. But it's mostly personal preference.
    The tungsten one comes also with a Pachmayr rubber grip (which I took off) and a pearce pinky extension on the mag.

Charlie

Is the Tungsten a Cerakoted stainless steel model? If so, go for it. What can it hurt, you can always remove the paint...
    "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself" - Jesus
    "Don't Tread on Me" - The 1775 Gadsden Flag
    "No Stronger Retrograde Force Exists in the World" - Winston Churchill re:Islam