Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lakeline mag followers

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    gb - Can I assume the rounds you chambered with the easy slingshot went completely into battery? Obviously, I didn't see you shoot the gun, but if it works that well, it might be worth the investment. As Bawanna says, I can always go back to the stock followers with the hump if my sandpaper experiment doesn't help (or break down and buy the Lakeline followers).

This is all a bit frustrating for a Glock-lover because I've got nearly 1,000 rounds downrange with several of these malfunctions. That's never been an issue with any of my Glocks.
    Just so you know, that follower mod was perfected over time, used by many, and has become the standard mod for most all Kahrs...not just Greg's.
    The "new" follower being shipped by Kahr is almost an exact replica of the that mod, but I don't expect anyone from Kahr to acknowledge this, and it's been a crap shoot so far as to what follower (old/new design) you will get if you order one.

One BIG draw back of mod'ing anything, is it's hard to add any material...only remove it
    So that "new" Kahr follower may have more material added to it somewhere but that's about the only difference that I can see, I don't have a "new design" follower for comparison.
    At the cost risk of ruining a follower, just mod one and test it .
    You'll be glad you did, and buy a Lakeline or "new" Kahr follower for carry if you don't trust the mod'ed follower.
    just sayin'
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

OK - So I've sanded off the humps, followed by some fine steel wool to polish the surface a bit, and have reassembled. I'll probably head to the range (read: AZ desert) this week and run through four mags of my carry ammo, which is Federal HST 124 standard pressure. I'll also try some speed loads from my mag carrier and watch to see if that top round has started forward at all. I some times think that if I shove those spare mags down all the way to the bottom of my Fobus paddle mag carrier that the top rounds get a bit dislodged, which might contribute to a nose down jam when I insert the round into the chamber. (I usually use the slide catch lever instead of slingshot because that's what I've been doing with my Glocks for nearly 20 years without incident.)

I'll shoot the gun in a BUG match in a couple weeks and report back.

Snowbird,I bought four Lakeline followers for my CM9 and have not had a problem with them after close to 1000 rds. between the four mags; having said that, I did not have any nose dives during load/make ready(slingshot) with Kahr followers. two of the Kahr followers were broke and also sometimes the top rnd. would leave the mag while still in the pouch;these were 7 rndrs. IDPA rule change has forced me to return to shorter mags,so swapped followers. I will be getting two more followers for my 7rnd. carry mags.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Thanks for the information Bugs. I'll see how they work with the hump sanded off in the BUG match and an upcoming IDPA match ... where I thought it was OK to use the 7-round mags in the BUG division, they just couldn't be loaded beyond six. Now, maybe my club is a more lax than others when it comes to local club matches. At this point in time I'm not thinking of shooting my CM9 in any sanctioned matches where it could make a difference.

I just purchased a used CM9 with the lakeline followers already installed, put 200 rounds so far no malfunctions at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Don. If my CM9 works without issues in the BUG match and the IDPA match, I'll stick with what I've got. Any issues and I'll be ordering some Lakeline followers from Alfonse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I wanna know what kind of bandsaw that is. From the looks of the table it looks like a good one.

I'm pondering upgrading to a bigger one myself. Something I can put thicker blades on and rip slabs better. Be a real time saver.

The follower mods obviously work quite well for hand racking.
    Bawanna, That's a Harbor Freight saw, 14" and 4 speeds. I picked it up pretty cheap from a guy that just wanted it gone from his patio.
    It has some fans and there's quite a bit of info about it and modifications for it on the web.
    Here's a link to the saw on HF's site: http://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-4...saw-60564.html
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Snowbird, your 7 rndrs. are OK for club matches if you load only 6; IDPA has changed BUG box specs for 2017 rule book by shortening the guns height spec.,but that is only for sanctioned matches. maybe you'll get the BUG bug (I have) and try your State Match sometime.
    I have started to sand down the humped followers for grins,plenty of material there unless you go nutso! I'm using a med.coarse grit paper on a 3/16 rod to dehump follower and finish with 1000 grit paper for that factory finish.hope your squad mates are properly impressed by you and your CMs' performance

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

Thanks Bugs - I shot the AZ State Championship in 2016 with a Glock 26 and had a pretty good run, given my age (66), eye sight, and other infirmities :-) I actually get sort of a perverse pleasure out of shooting my bone-stock CC guns with factory ammo against the other guys who are shooting full sized guns with mag wells and all the other allowable modifications that IDPA has in the rulebook. I never expect to actually WIN any of the matches - at the club level or higher - but I truly have developed a great sense of appreciation for my CC guns and I'd much rather deal with malfunctions in IDPA matches than on the street. If nothing else, one learns what the potential problems are and how to deal with them with that damn electronic timer ticking away in your ear as you get back into the action.

that's right; I'm 70 so we're both Distinguished Seniors.LOL

NRA LIFER
    IDPABELEIVER