Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todays Gun Show take home.

Default Todays Gun Show take home.

Have a thing for Mossberg 22 rifles. My oldest son is kind of into them as well. Started off with a 42MB military bolt action trainer. Magazine fed. Splendid shooter and it sings to me. I finally found a dust cover after a couple years thanks to some forum help (greg) so it's complete. Notice my new little grease gun on the bench in the back ground. Another fine Greg idea. Works good too.
    My son then got the civilian version, basically the same but tube fed.
    Then we both stumbled across a very early model that was made for Olympic competition or so the seller said. I lacked enough dollars and my son was quick with the I'll take it and money. He won that round.

Today he found the semi auto version. Full length stock, tube fed from the buttstock. He lagged and I was quick with the I'll take it and miraculously had the whopping 120 bucks it took to secure. I won this round.

It requires a bit of parts hunting but they are out there. No front sight.

Has a little boo boo at the pistol grip and the trigger guard is buggered but I think I can make it better. Trigger guards are available if I can't make this one nice enough.

This is obviously not correct either but they are out there too. Other than this the metal and stock are near perfect.

My two side by side, he took his out to his house, guess he didn't trust me to leave those.

In playing I just found that it's apparently not cocking the bolt when I retract it. No click.
    The trigger will hold the bolt back. I doubt being loaded would make any difference. I guess I'm gonna have to go inside and see what's what with that.

Being tied up at the gun show I wasn't able to try cocking the thing. The bore looks very good. Hopefully something simple.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I like those. I went to our local gun show yesterday and didn't see anything near that nice.
    Last edited by yqtszhj; 02-20-2017 at 07:50 AM.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nice find for a great price!

I picked up an old Mossberg .22 a few years back, forget the model number at the moment, maybe a 42 or 46? Bolt action, tube mag with an original 3/4" Weaver scope. Keep telling myself I'll restore it one of these days. Fine little shooter, though. The glass is pretty clear for being about 70 years old.

Boy I like those, do they make them in OD Green?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

....about those pictures in the back ground.......

Wife doesn't mind me having those pictures on the bench. She probably isn't aware that they are pasted all over cyber space when I post pictures. Guess it proves they are my pictures?

Oh to clarify that is the wife, in an earlier life. She's managed to keep her fine looks far better than I.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Boy I like those, do they make them in OD Green?
    Probably not, if they did you'd have one...

You know in the past I couldn't understand wanting anything but black but now I've developed a liking for OD green and desert tan quite a bit, there's also that titanium ceracote. They have this Urban Grey CZ has come out with too. I guess with maturity comes an appreciation for variety.

I'm gonna have a hard time going to pink or red though.... or that aqua blue/green Yuck! Reminds me of a run down beach motel.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nice find Bawanna! That stock looks like it might have some fiddleback towards the butt.
    Please keep us posted as the TLC progresses.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

First great news of the morning after is I fixed the not firing thing. Apparently the guy must have cleaned it, it spotless inside from what I can see but he forgot to tighten up the breech block or whatever you call the piece at the shoulder end. I couldn't figure why it should have so much thread left. Just tightened it about 12 turns by hand and then snugged with a screwdriver and wala, works fine.
    Trigger is decent, not as nice as my military trainer one but not bad at all.

So I spent the time I figured I'd be trying to figure that one out bluing the dust cover that I never got around to bluing on the first one.

Almost afraid to do anything else today, the days starting off way too good.

On that Fiddle back, it's almost tempting to sand this thing down, sometimes there's some really really nice wood under the finish. I think the factories often at a bit of stain to make all the stocks look good at the cost of sometimes making an exceptional stock look just good.

I refinished an old Remington? 22 a few years ago for a guy, and that stock underneath was breath taking. He was an old guy with a good appreciation of such things and he was knocked over. A sgt at works step dad. Great guy, passed on a few years back, miss the guy.

Since this had the little mess at the pistol grip and I probably won't be able to match the finish it might just be tempting to do the whole thing and see what we find. Certainly no collector item and I'm just hoping it's a great shooter like the other 3 we have.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Well ... spring fever?....I had to buy a new toy. Ruger CMD.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!