CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todays Gun Show take home.

It's good to see real wood on a long gun instead of the plywood & plastic that seem to be all the rage with the younger set these days.

Looks like you brought out the warmth in that old tree quite nicely.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Bawanna, was that all sanding or did you use any stripper? Really is a beautiful that has been hiding for decades!

All sanding. I avoid strippers (well the kind that takes off finish anyhow) like the plague. Most of the older guns had like a varnish finish that isn't terrible difficult to get off. This one took a lot of time, stripper certainly would have been faster but I really don't like to mess with mother nature.

I think it really did let loose some of the natural beauty. It really looked quite nice before but the finish actually toned it down.

I've seen a few where the finish was a travesty compared to what's underneath. Also seen a few where I wish I could put the factory finish back on. Hard to make look good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

When I get me one of those round tuits, I hope my wood comes out half as nice as yours. Ummm, talking about the stock on my old Mossberg!

Which model Mossberg do you have?

I found the proper inner tube for it today on the bay. Been checking everyday. Not many and all were 50 or more.
    Today one popped up for 39 so I scooped it. I hope it's the right one, it looks right anyhow.

I tried to just find the proper end piece but don't see any and doubt they ever separate.

The front sight is hurting me. Very few so far and all 100 bucks or more. I'll just put a scope on it rather than pay that much. I think I have some old vintage scopes that just might work.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Which model Mossberg do you have?

I found the proper inner tube for it today on the bay. Been checking everyday. Not many and all were 50 or more.
    Today one popped up for 39 so I scooped it. I hope it's the right one, it looks right anyhow.

I tried to just find the proper end piece but don't see any and doubt they ever separate.

The front sight is hurting me. Very few so far and all 100 bucks or more. I'll just put a scope on it rather than pay that much. I think I have some old vintage scopes that just might work.
    I stumbled upon these guys on the web. They might be worth a call.
    https://www.havlinsales.com/22rifle.htm
    ​O|||||||O

I'll bookmark those guys. Thanks.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Looks good. I looked at one yesterday too at the gun show. I have the full size which is great, the commander is nice too.
    Didn't have enough marbles for that one this trip.

Are you gonna paint this one green?

Don't hate me, I love how those wrap around grips feel and function but the looks don't blow my dress up even a flutter.

I know a guy that knows a guy who has a friend.

Ok ok....how about these grips?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Those will do. I know they feel good, I've tried them. They protect the front strap if you wear a ring from wear.

At least they got some pretty wood mixed in there so your on the right track.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan