CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this normal? Full upper slide movement....

Back to Kahr indeed

New Hampshire, Maine, Texas, Louisiana, Germany, England, Massachusetts, Idaho

Well - the deed is done, called Kahr and talked to a nice gentleman
    He said it is a known issue with the CW45's - and my S/N puts my manufacture date as Dec 2012
    As it is a known issue warranty repair is covered and so is shipping both ways
    (Something I did not know that with a repair you can ship a gun from your house and receive it back to your house... I did not know that)

You know, I was thinking about replacing it with a S&W Shield 45, and doing my research the interwebs circled me back to Greg's post:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ize-comparison

And this picture sealed the deal with me keeping the CW45

Thanks for that thread Greg.

So when I gets it back from Kahr, I'll stop re-purposing old holsters form my no longer owned, SR9c Ruger and get down working with a fine pistol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately they will have to replace the frame which is a serialized part. So in your case it will have to go to a dealer and get transferred back to you.

Normally the gun can go from your house and return to your house although it's often times cheaper to have a dealer ship for you since you have to meet Fed Ex or UPS's rules.

Glad you caught it and they will take care of it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

First time sending a gun back of any size or shape (color me unusually lucky) - so the suggestion is to have a dealer do the transfer to Kahr and receive it back from Kahr?
    I have a local G/S that I really like working with when I can, I'll talk to them - Kahr provided a shipping label from FedEx with packing instruction in the email to me for the RMA.... no word on using a dealer...
    Will call Kahr to verify procedure "just in case"

Thanks for the heads up though.

If you ship it directly to them, Kahr could send the replacement directly to you: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ru...earms/download
    However, we seen that this has not been Kahr's internal policy so I think you are wise to verify with them.
    Regards,
    Greg

Glad that other thread was of use to you
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

You don't need the dealer to send. Kahr is providing the label so no issue at all. Just package it up, slap the label on and off it goes.

When it comes back it is like a new gun and needs to be sent to a dealer. So you can use your local G/S to receive it and since you like working with them they probably won't hurt you too bad on the transfer fees.

I have a couple locals that charge me very little or sometimes nothing in exchange for my support and sending them good customers.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You don't need the dealer to send. Kahr is providing the label so no issue at all. Just package it up, slap the label on and off it goes.

When it comes back it is like a new gun and needs to be sent to a dealer. So you can use your local G/S to receive it and since you like working with them they probably won't hurt you too bad on the transfer fees.

I have a couple locals that charge me very little or sometimes nothing in exchange for my support and sending them good customers.
    Nailed it Bwanna - it arrives today but as Kahr did (obviously) replace the lower and serialized part they needed my local GS to receive it.
    If Dave charges me anything it is $20 - can't wait to get it back and hopefully get out this weekend to run it through the paces.

I love the new Kahr smell
    (See what I did there?)

They replaced the full pistol - with a brandy new 2017 S/N
    MAN is the slide tight... as in T-I-G-H-T the recoil spring is... Superman strong, NOW I see why they say soot for 200+ rounds to test/break in the pistol.

But hey, way to go Kahr, I was not the original purchaser (pawn shop queen) Had an issue, called Kahr, they sent me a new in box like you would get from a new purchase in a gun store, Black box, manuals, registration cards, swag catalog the whole 9 yards.
    Thanks Kahr.