Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is with Kahr CS????

Default What is with Kahr CS????

The general discussion seems to not be the place for this, so I'll ask here. It seems that every few days, I see a thread about poor Kahr cunstomer service. From the people who deal with customers, to the service, to shipping - all fairly poor. I also see some threads where they 'done good'. Is it really hit or miss with Kahr? - kinda scary when you see what is invested in these pistols.

Hey Pal...

You have absolutely no business asking this kind of question here, in this sub-forum or for that matter anywhere on or near this forum, period. Trash like that belongs in one place, and one place only, the TRASH CAN.
    Now, what was your question? I can only speak for myself, for the last year I have had mostly exceptional service from Kahr Arms, I purchased 6 pistols from them in that time frame and I have needed to use their service dept. on more than a few occasions. I noticed that you mentioned the people at Kahr who deal with customers, again I have always found them to be friendly, generally helpful and they have always put me through to someone that could answer my questions if they felt they couldn't. About 2-3 years ago their customer service would have been graded a "D" by me, I believe that was caused by a small company all of a sudden getting more orders than they could handle. They needed to hire more employees, then they needed to train them. This takes time, and while thats going on their regular employees are getting "beaten up" with more orders, a tough working environment and a lot of angry customers calling in.
    Kahr is not perfect by any means, but at least their making strides in the right direction. If one is not happy with the answer they receive, then by all means escalate. It's your right, after all their pistol are not cheap and you should get what you paid for.
    Forgive me for the first paragraph, it's late and I'm waiting for the bedtime meds to kick in.

I had a couple of times dealing with them, at first I wasn't too happy with them then I realized I was not making my self clear to them. After I came to that conclusion and took more care in my concerns (included pictures) all went well. As good of service as I have gotten from Ruger or S&W. You can't please all the people all the time.

Goofa: Hey Pal - thanks.

BTW - I read through the "general Discussion" forum, and it didn't seem to fit there - not much kahrtalk on that one. I do believe that this kind of post is exactly what needs to be brought up SOMEWHERE on these forums. Being that this is the gun I own and that I've read more than a couple of posts about problems, I brought it up.

People here ought to be concerned and be able to discuss ALL Kahr subjects in a civil manner. Also, it is good for Kahr to read this stuff and know IF they have a problem. If they don't know and don't fix it, then they just MAY get larger problems in the future, and then we'll have a problem. Kahr just happens to have a great idea in the slim and light carry pistol. I want to see them succeed. Thus, I am right to bring this up.

Thanks again.

I for one do not find your post offensive, in fact the customer service post and problems with Kahr pistols here and on other forums almost stop me from buying my first Kahr.

Kahrbrian,

Your original post is a valid question and I'm sure you'll get several replies, both positive and negative. I've had a PM9 for several years, a PM 45 that I wasn't happy with and sold, and I recently purchased a new PM40 from a local dealer. During my ownership I've had only one opportunity to deal with Kahr customer service so far. The side panel screw was missing from the PM40 and I didn't notice it until I got the gun home and was cleaning it up. Of course the dealer was of no help. I called Kahr customer service at the first opportunity and explained my problem. As Murphys Law would have it, my cell phone went dead halfway through my conversation with the customer service rep. Before I could call them back I received a return call from the same guy I'd been talking with just moments earlier. He got my cell phone number from their caller ID system. He told me he had completed my order and was shipping me the needed screw at no charge. That makes my experience with their customer service slide to +1 in their favor.

I have gotten over the years worse service from damn DOCTORS than all the gun companies combined. It will happen no doubt but these gun companies know how important customer service is, especially with todays internet. they don't want to read about themselves in a negative way. 10 years ago. they might not have cared.

I think today they all try hard.

For the past 6 weeks I have been haggling with my insurance company over a lightnihg "power surge" that destroyed, my TV, play station, bose sound system, and garage dooropener. They have jacked with me and with some diplomacy on my part and also counting to 10 more than once when on the phone with these adjusters. finally the check is in the mail. I don't know why these people do what they do sometimes, but I have learned that keepingones cool goes a long way towards getting things done.

Normally I get to about the number 5 and then I usually loose my cool, so I also understand someone frustration to. Age has taught me alot also and also being in business for over 40 years..

Kahr is a good company,..I really do believe that. Ruger to me has been a really good company, Kel tec for all the issues I had with their products tried their best. Para tried their best also, but it was just not enough..Smith is a very good company, very good...

I've not figured out why insurance companies give customers a bad time. They end up sending the check anyway, so why not be polite and friendly and do it up front.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

The insurance company is like the Veterans Admin. they figure if they give you a hard time and deny claims you will just go away. I delight in keeping after them until they do what is right. (not much luck with the V A after 5 years of trying, but I'm still realitively young and will continue)

Quote Originally Posted by johnatw View Post
    (not much luck with the V A after 5 years of trying, but I'm still realitively young and will continue)
    When I lost my hearing 40+ years ago, the doc said it was nerve damage specifically related to USAF. However, he continued by saying hearing aids would not help, so I waited.

A couple years ago my hearing had degenerated to where I had to do something and discovered hearing aids have improved to where they can definitely help. After putting it off, dreading the process, I finally started a claim.

I was very surprised at the helpfulness of the people working on my claim. It did take several months, but I now have a pair of the finest hearing aids around. Further, I am drop dead amazed at the employees and most patients at the Fresno CA VA Hospital.

I looked confused (kinda normal for me some days) when trying to find the Audiologist office after being there a couple times, and a very nice young woman stopped and asked if she could help me. She was starting her break but took me by the arm and walked me right up to the door. All the time with a big friendly smile and not a hint of 'go away'. I told her she was so nice if I see her again I may ask for her help just to share her company for a few minutes.

I don't know what they put in the water there to create that environment, but it is not simply a rule, everybody exudes the friendly attitude. If the secret ever gets out, I'd think service industry giants would be knocking on their door to find out how they do that.

Sorry for getting carried away, what I wanted to say is to keep working with the VA and you should get care.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."