Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Patriotism is not dead.

Default Patriotism is not dead.

I like this community I'm renting in this year more every event I attend. Last night I attended a dinner at the club house. Before dinner was served everyone stood with their hand over their heart and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. At the Super Bowl Party everyone stood for the National Anthem with their hand over their heart. Sunday is a Daytona 500 party. I expect the same. Great people here who love and respect this country.

​O|||||||O

as it should be
    I am the Living Man

Same thing happens at my yearly gun club dinner and raffle. They also do it with the kids involved in the hunting and trap shooting areas at every meeting. It's done before every club meeting. Living close to a major city, I am constantly reminded of the current generation of adults, who basically have no respect for anything. When I travel up nort, you see this kind of thing a lot with groups. Makes ya kind of proud of the people from Wisconsin. Badgers.

I was surprised shortly after I relocated to Phoenix, AZ that on Veteran's Day, several of the chain restaurants offer a free dinner to all who are serving or have served in the armed forces. I don't know if this is State-wide but I have never seen this happen while living for sixty-eight years in the great Golden State. I suppose some places are just more into patriotism than others.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

The free dinner has gotten a lot more common in the last ten years. A lot of places around Wisconsin participate.

Up nort by me, there are at least 7 or 8 local towns that have free dinners every week. They also have them on the holidays......................

You guys from Wisconsin do a class act! Some places in this great nation still believe in patriotism.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat