Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cw9

Default Cw9

Shot my cw9 yesterday at the range. Cannot hit with it. Think I'm used to 1911's triggers. Thinking about trading it off. Probably lose money on it if I trade it. That or try to learn the trigger on it.

Default Cw9

I've had my CW-9 for a year now, and love it. I also have a Kimber Pro Raptor 2. As you know totally different triggers. Don't stage the CW9 trigger, just pull it straight back. Took me a couple hundred rounds to get it right with muscle memory, it now goes everywhere with me and I'm dead on with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good advice fron jjanton. The Kahr trigger is like a super smooth revolver trigger and a practice makes perfect. Do a lot of dry fire practice and you'll have it in no time.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by sandy22 View Post
    Shot my cw9 yesterday at the range. Cannot hit with it. Think I'm used to 1911's triggers. Thinking about trading it off. Probably lose money on it if I trade it. That or try to learn the trigger on it.
    Did you purchase it because you thought it would shoot like a 1911??????? You didn't realize that all firearms are different?????? I am sure that there are many people here on the forum that would take it off of your hands. If your used to shooting nothing but 1911's, you'll have a lot of rounds to get used to the trigger my friend...........................................

I'm a pretty devout 1911 shooter myself but I find I have no trouble changing gears to the Kahr trigger.

I didn't think it would work out well but once you get the Kahr dialed in, you should have no trouble.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Different sight picture and trigger pull takes some practice. More info about where you are hitting on the target would be helpful for a diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    Different sight picture and trigger pull takes some practice. More info about where you are hitting on the target would be helpful for a diagnosis.
    The last two trips to the range I have started to shoot low and left. I'm a righty. What is the probable cause? Me, not the gun.

Low and left is the usual spot for new right handed Kahr shooters.

It's you. It will get better. Focus on finger position and don't stage the trigger, just a smooth one motion stroke.

It will get better, count on it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Also squeeze the grip so tight that your fingernails turn white. That will help pull the group up too. Kahrs like to be held really tight.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    The last two trips to the range I have started to shoot low and left. I'm a righty. What is the probable cause? Me, not the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    1) Use more trigger finger -past 1st digit. 2) concentrate on pulling trigger straight back. These 2 steps should solve the problem for a right handed shooter.