Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MECHANICAL RECOIL REDUCTION SYSTEM by DPM SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES.

Default MECHANICAL RECOIL REDUCTION SYSTEM by DPM SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES.

Had my Walther PPS .40 S&W for a while. Decided to make a recoil more manageable. First I bought a recoil grip from Limbsaver. Slight improvement but not much. Then on "Youtube" I found that great product -mechanical recoil reduction system made by DPM Systems. Did a little research, watched some videos on "Youtube", it looked promising. Ordered one, three day later I was a proud owner of recoil reduction system which supposed to change my pistol forever. Read the installation instructions, looked very simple, one guide rod, one spring and a bushing. The instruction mentioned proper orientation of a spring (similar to Kahr pistols) but since the springs had both open end I thought I can't go wrong inserting either end onto the guide rod. Racked the slide few times, worked fine - time for a range test. When I got to the range I was so pumped up I never thought I was heading for a disaster. Loaded the six round mag, raced the slide and pulled the trigger. Not bad I thought, lets try again, so I squeezed the trigger again and again. On the fifth round the gun malfunctioned, FTE. Dropped the mag, cleared the chamber, put the mag back in, tried to rack it - failure. I coudn't rack the slide, wasn't going back all the way and chamber new round. Dropped the mag again, removed the slide and found the problem. The spring slid over the first flange and rested on top of the other spring. My day at the range was over because I didn't bring with the original parts which I left home. When I got home, I contacted the company and first thing they said was that I installed the spring incorrectly. Duh, there was no other way I said, both ends are open. To prove my point I have removed the spring from the guide rod and send them the picture of both springs. I guess that was enough to convince them I was right because they agreed to send me another recoil system. Hopefully this one will be correct. Cheers!
    IMG_0993
    Slide&Guide_Rod
    Guide_Rod

Great information, keep us posted on the new kit!

But I do have one question; did the kit make it more difficult to rack the gun?
    Thanks

Not at all, racking wasn't a problem at all. Btw., all of us have at least one of Kahr pistols and do not complain about difficulty to rack it. New kit is coming either tomorrow or Wednesday. I am anxious to try it again. I will post more pictures this week.

I don't think she was complaining, I think she was mostly interested in if it might improve things.

Least ways that's my take on things.

Anxious to see how the replacement unit works out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I tried the DPM recoil system in my CZ sp 01 Tactical and my Glock 19 (I never thought I'd own a Glock, but that's another story) today and it's amazing.
    To make a long story short we went into Spartan Tactical, which is a gun store near Clark County shooting Complex and we saw the DPM recoil springs.
    Thanks eligius, you put it on my radar. Anyway, one of the guys that works there is also a DPM dealer (the store also stocks them) so he was able to answer all out questions.
    Part B in a couple of hours…..the pizza just came, it's hot and the beer is cold.

The replacement kit came last Friday. Springs do look exactly the same - open ended. What I have found interesting they are smaller, I mean inside diameter is smaller and fit snugly. Didn't have a chance to go to the range yet, but will post a new report when that happens.
    To correctly answer AIRet, it is hard to rack and release the slide with magazine inserted - just like a brand new PM9.
    Last edited by eligius; 03-07-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo

Sorry I didn't post part B yesterday, but our internet has been intermittent.
    The dealer said that large (like the CZ SP 01 tac) and small (kahr??) pistols benefit the most from their new recoil system. He went on to explain that the system
    would make a bigger difference for the CZ vs the Glock, and he was right.
    The CZ was crazy good! The recoil was way less than a 380 fired out of a heavy gun (My CZ weighs over 3 pounds when fully loaded). My Hubby and our Son (who hasn't fired it as much) both agreed. The nice thing is that it was just as easy to rack as before we installed the DPM system.
    The Glock had a very nice reduction in recoil but not as much as the CZ. However, it was more difficult to rack but it was still manageable for most folks.
    Hubby's H&K VP 9 had very nice reduction in recoil (more than the Glock, but not as good as the CZ) but again racking the slide was a little harder, but manageable. Obviously, our perceptions are subjective. But I know what I felt, and I watched the muzzle rise when others shot.
    The dealer said that their system shifts most of the recoil from muzzle flip to straight back into the hand and therefore follow on shots are easier.

It cost us $80 per gun and he said the spring is good for a million rounds. Time will tell the true story…..I'll wait and see and report any changes I notice.
    For now I'm not going to replace my Kahr pm9 recoil spring just yet. I'll wait to see how things work out for eligius over time.

Million rounds? The way you and your live in hubby shoot that should last at least 2 years huh?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Million rounds? The way you and your live in hubby shoot that should last at least 2 years huh?
    Well, when we camp on military bases (which we haven't done the last month or so) we don't shoot at all, so it kinda balances out.
    But now you see why we reload when we are home!

Hmm. I wonder how well this would work on my 9mm Shield? Not that it has terrible recoil or anything, but every little bit helps, and the idea of springs lasting practically forever makes it worthwhile.