Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MECHANICAL RECOIL REDUCTION SYSTEM by DPM SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGIES.

Finally went to the range. No surprises this time, the recoil springs performed flawlessly. Shot a solid 100 rounds with no malfunctions. Definitely the new springs were tighter because they stayed in place. Did I feel any difference, less recoil? Can't tell. The .40 S&W round is a powerful round. What I can tell is, that the accuracy is still superb, kudos to Walther Arms. Will I recommend the product? Of course, it is worth the try. Maybe you will have a better results than me depending on the caliber and weight of your gun, pics are below. Cheers!

IMG_1024
    IMG_1026
    Last edited by eligius; 03-28-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: typo

I have Sprinco USA units that appear roughly similar to this in a Commander and a Glock 19 Gen3. Also, this appears roughly similar to the two stage recoil spring units of Kahr M sized pistols and Glock Gen4s. I am not sure I can tell much recoil difference, though I want to work. I am a believer since testing suggests there is less recoil, even if I haven't personally experienced it. I usually upgrade to extra power recoil springs and wonder whether this is why I can't discern much recoil difference. Maybe there is more significant reduction with heavier loads. Is there any difference between these and competing, similar-appearing units?
    Last edited by finpro; 03-28-2017 at 09:40 PM.

eligius
    Thanks for the report, and sorry to hear about your initial trouble.
    I have been using the DPM system in my G43 for a while and I really like it. Mine came with two outer springs, both of which have their two ends closed as they should be.

Update! Finally I found what I was looking for - Telescopic Recoil System made by the same company DPM Systems. It is a new version of the previously tested by me Mechanical Recoil Reduction System. What a difference, softer recoil, faster follow up shots, no more achy hand. The second photo shows all three guide rods - new Telescopic Recoil System (top), original (middle), Mechanical Recoil Reduction System (bottom).

IMG_1952
    IMG_1955
    IMG_1956

Last edited by eligius; 02-06-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: wrong photo