Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with CM9

Default Problem with CM9

So I have this CM9 that I picked up as soon as it was available in 2012. Price was about $450 at the time if I remember right but it was much cheaper than the PM9. I dont know how many rounds I have through it but its well over 1000 at least. I don't shoot it as much as I did in the past. At one time I even polished the sides of the slide but decided I didnt like it so it now has a brushed stainless look.

Took it to the range today as I can't remember the last time I shot it. It was my main carry but the CZ and P30sk have been filling that role lately.

Anyway, started off today with the P30sk and fired 100 rounds. Boringly accurate and flawless in function. So I broke out the CM9 next and low and behold it started to sleet. Darn it, then i loaded everything in the truck. I was kinda miffed that it interrupted my range session so I sat in the truck for a minute. Determined not to be stopped I pulled out the 2 mags and loaded them up sitting in the truck. Once loaded I hopped out and went to the bench and emptied the 2 mags at random junk people left behind at the range. Jumped back in the truck and thought "that wasn't so bad." I then repeated the process 3 more times to finish out the box. To my surprise I was able to connect at up to 25 yards no problem. Sights were easy to pick up and POA was POI. Every round went bang and slide locked back on every empty mag.

Hopped back in the truck and something occurred to me. The pistol has never malfunctioned in the years that I have owned it. Soft recoil and a Hogue Handall jr grip sleeve with palm swell makes it fit my hand perfect.

Here's the problem. After shooting it today I actually told myself "why do I need to buy anything else when what I currently own fills every role I have?" I've been looking at all these gun specials online recently at record low prices thinking what should I get while prices are low and all I can think now is nothing is better than what I have. I think I need help and I definitely can't let the wife know that thought crossed my mind.

Now I have to Google a therapist for myself unless you fine people can help me out.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You didn't know I'm a therapist. I have a solution. Send me the CM9, then you'll have a void to fill and justify your need to shop sales and record low prices and have a logical explanation for anyone that deserves one.

I do this as a public service, no charge cept for the CM9 and that's really a gratuity.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Think of the all poor chillens whos mommys and daddies make Kahr Firearms. What will the poor waifs do for Christmas? Don't be part of the economic problems of this country, be part of the solution. Buy a gun, make children happy....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tinman507; 12-07-2017 at 05:46 PM. Reason: add pic

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

I knew I could count on you guys.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

It's not a matter of need - it's a matter of want.

You DO however need a RAMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    It's not a matter of need - it's a matter of want.

You DO however need a RAMI.
    I did get an In stock alert from my favorite online ordering place but good for me it was the safety version not the BD decocker version. Money saved for a day or so anyway.

Now I did see today a used G26 gen 4 with 2 extra 15 round magazines and factory night sites for just over $400. I don't like glocks much but that was tempting as I figure I could resell it for the same amount after playing with it.

But again, I have the CM9 and the HK P30sk so why fo I need it? I don't but as you well said I might WANT it. Then If I did buy the G26 the next day I'd get a decocker RAMI email then I'd be like, Hmmmm......

Visit here:

I got mine for $559 and $25 shipping via Priority Mail.

The same day, I also bought a Glock 19 Gen 5 from my local gun shop for the same price.

I took it to the local indoor range, and they were having a "turkey shoot". The employees and the RSO's were all over me to enter it.

You had to hit a turkey target in the "brain" - about a 1" size outline of the brain at 10 yds. They were all betting on me winning, but I hadn't even fired a round through the Glock yet.

They allowed 15 rounds, and 5 minutes to do it. There's still 2 ziploc gallon size freezer bags of turkey in my freezer.

Here's a RAMI BD for ya:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/723647592

Well seeing how I didnt let the rain deter me yesterday, i figured there was no sense in letting snow stop me today. 1/2 day vacation and off to the range for shooting in deep south snow.

Carried the xd9 that I bought a year ago or so. It shot ok but All I gotta say is it aint an SP-01. Video for your viewing pleasure.

https://youtu.be/ffj4WZ5XTlE

https://youtu.be/ffj4WZ5XTlE

Visit here:

Such a beautiful place...

We got that snow here in Pennsyltucky today. Almost makes me want to head to the outdoor range.

Thanks for sharing the video.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Now I did see today a used G26 gen 4 with 2 extra 15 round magazines and factory night sites for just over $400. I don't like glocks much but that was tempting as I figure I could resell it for the same amount after playing with it.

But again, I have the CM9 and the HK P30sk so why fo I need it? I don't but as you well said I might WANT it. Then If I did buy the G26 the next day I'd get a decocker RAMI email then I'd be like, Hmmmm......
    Problem solved. I bought the G26 I saw. We'll see how it goes. I knew you all could help. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Visit here: