Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Wright Predator Master Collection Holster For S&W 686+ Talo 3"

Default New Wright Predator Master Collection Holster For S&W 686+ Talo 3"

Just received this new Wright Predator holster for my S&W 686 Plus 3" Talo Edition after a 10-week wait. It has the "Master Collection" upgrade with a double layer of full grain leather on the inside as well as the outside. First impressions: This holster is a leather work of art. Beautifully made, the detailed boning is very nice (you can even see the imprint of the cylinder release button on the inside in the photos. The gun fits perfectly; very snug at first but will break in for just the right amount of retention. The extra layer of leather along with the reinforcement piece on the outside creates a rigid opening. There is no collapse at all when the gun is removed.

The 686 is big and heavy, but this holster conceals it very well for CCW. As you can see in the photos, it causes the gun to ride tight to the body for maximum concealment and minimal printing. I don't plan to CCW this gun very much as I have other guns in my CCW rotation that are much better-suited to that purpose, but it's nice to have the option.

This holster was very expensive, especially with the Master Collection upgrade, but I thought that my 686, being the beautiful gun that it is deserved an equally beautiful holster. Pride of ownership and all that. I guess this will be my new BBQ rig....

By the way, in the below photos, the color appears different in the photos of me wearing the gun than it does in the other photos, but that is just due to the lighting. The photos of the holster by itself is a much more accurate representation of the actual color.

Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Their stuff is gorgeous and their shop is only twenty minutes from my house.

Whoa! That leather looks bullet proof! Thanks for posting this, I need a holster for my CT9 and my S&W 9mm Shield...gonna Google these guys up.

I somehow missed this when it was first posted. That holster is flat out beautiful. Oh ya, the gun that lives in it ain't so bad either.

Nice rig.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Have you had any issues with the Smith???????? I heard that some of the Talo Editions were coming in with canted barrels.........................

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Have you had any issues with the Smith???????? I heard that some of the Talo Editions were coming in with canted barrels.........................
    I had read about the canted barrel thing, but mine is perfectly aligned, as far as I can tell. I have had no issues at all with the gun. The DA trigger pull is smoothing out nicely after about 200 rounds down the pipe. The SA trigger pull is about perfect: no pre-travel, light and crisp like breaking a piece of glass. I keep snap-caps in the cylinder as I love practicing dry-fire with this gun; my cat and the TV are favorite targets. In fact , I just took out Rachel Maddow a few minutes ago....
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Their stuff is gorgeous and their shop is only twenty minutes from my house.
    Gonna hafta Google them guys. If it's close to you it's close to me.......

How's that boat doin? There's no ice on the lake. You still pulling duty? I'm going up there soon to put the fishing boat in. Hope it's a good season.
    ​O|||||||O

Thumbs up

686+. That's on my gonna happen sooner or later list. A couple canted barrel interweb complaints don't change that. Nice rig.
    ​O|||||||O

The reason I asked is.................I think that it's one of the most gorgeous looking revolvers out there. I like happy endings. I just may have to find me one. I currently don't own a revolver of my own, and for someone who grew up shooting revolvers, it's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    The reason I asked is.................I think that it's one of the most gorgeous looking revolvers out there. I like happy endings. I just may have to find me one. I currently don't own a revolver of my own, and for someone who grew up shooting revolvers, it's a shame.
    Interesting you say that because I am getting older and find myself dumping all the semi's I don't shoot on a regular basis.
    "Never pet a burning dog"