Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Range shooting competition

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Your still ok yet...............I don't even own a phone, and pics come from a digital camera that's about 10 years old.
    Thanks!
    I get a bit irritated when I see (mostly) young folks sitting in a restaurant and nobody is talking because they are all on their SMART/DUMB phones.
    Hey, enjoy the company of your friends! Especially when you are face to face! The voice inflections and facial expressions add SO much to communication….
    you can't get that with a text!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr. Talk about miss communication!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I live for captions myself. I do enjoy watching lips move but have no clue what they sound like usually.
    It's a VERY go way to practice READING!

Sometimes you miss the actions trying to read the words though.

Also why my wife gets twice as much stuff done watching TV. She can hear it, I have to watch and work during the commercials.

I've been weaning myself away from the contraption all together lately.
    I get my hour of MASH each week night and try to do something else otherwise.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sometimes you miss the actions trying to read the words though.

Also why my wife gets twice as much stuff done watching TV. She can hear it, I have to watch and work during the commercials.

I've been weaning myself away from the contraption all together lately.
    I get my hour of MASH each week night and try to do something else otherwise.
    Absolutely, you miss some action while you are reading.
    That's one of the problems with photographing wildlife.
    A few years back we were driving through Glacier National Park and a Grizzle was running along side of the road for about a 1/4 of a mile and Hubby was taking pictures, which caused him to miss most of the action. He wasn't a happy camper that day, and the pictures were nice but a lot of the action was missed. I guess that's the difference between a pro and and amateur. Of course I know that's a bit different than photographing people and or stationary objects like cool guns.

Here are some photos of "Winter Range" from AIRret:

"This was on Friday when they honored Veterans."

"I thought this was the best of the bunch. It also shows the carts many folks use to transport their guns and supplies from on shooting station to another."

Thanks for sharing MB Please say hello to your "convict" for me
    Regards,
    Greg

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Dang I dig those Derby hats in the first photo. Always wanted one myself but got to big a head.
    Seen all them carts in the second picture and thought I was in wheelchair purgatory for a minute.
    Look like a scene right out of Lonesome Dove. I'll be trying to make one of those some day.

My best to the convict too. I know he's innocent. ......sorta
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey Greg, thanks for the help….now I'm off the hook for a little while.

We've been visiting and shooting (in the Dessert and at Clark county…got to satisfy the camping agreement) with our youngest son.
    The other day the three of us got to introduce his girlfriend to shooting. She loves it and she did a lot of things right immediately.

My convict (I like that name for him) says HI!
    And please say hi to the little lady.

Dang I dig those Derby hats in the first photo. Always wanted one myself but got to big a head.
    Seen all them carts in the second picture and thought I was in wheelchair purgatory for a minute.
    Look like a scene right out of Lonesome Dove. I'll be trying to make one of those some day.

My best to the convict too. I know he's innocent. ......sorta
    He's not so innocent that He can't have fun.

Sorry to scare you with the carts. Maybe you could disguise your chair and make it look like one of those gun carts….or better yet, make it look like a covered wagon!

So you have a big head, Hmmmm that can be taken a lot of ways.

I don't know if it would work but it would be fun if we could get a bunch of forum folks to show up to winter range the same year! Now that sounds like fun!