Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Man

Some of us would call this a miracle. A Christmas Miracle if you will. That's awesome and wonderful and I am thrilled for you!
    Merry Christmas!!

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Very Merry Christmas.
    ​O|||||||O

The gift of life is the best gift of all!

Merry Christmas and most of all, have a happy New Year!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

good luck and merry xmas

Still Alive At 75!!

I achieved this once thought most likely unreachable goal today. And not just that...I'm functionally normal...physically anyway. Fifteen months ago I was given a snowball's chance on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator of gettin' here. Awhile back, oncology folk dubbed me Capt Anomalous. Then later promoted me to Maj Enigma. I'm now be workin' toward Col Klink.

Anyway, having achieved this momentous millstone (sic), I decided to annoy ya'll, share one last time before, with any luck, turning this into a necro thread. Which shall only be revived when all eventually goes south.

But no worries. The Col co-opted my thread title for his own nefarious purposes last month so Walking Dead Man will still be around.
    NRA Benefactor

I fixed it. I don't do nefarious, when you cross the river, it's over and done.

75, damn that's old.........Not sure I'll go that distance my own self.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Still Alive At 75!!

...I'm functionally normal...
    Hmmm.....
    NRA Benefactor

Wishing you a Happy Birthday ltxi, and many more healthy and happy ones to come!

Congrats, Itxi!

I'm coming up on 72. I finally got started back on the treadmill in February and am walking/running a bit... 2.5 miles in 42 minutes every other day now. Just completed session #22 today. I had some minor something show up on EKG's and had a stress test, then the catherization. Only found about 40% blockage in one artery, so I'm trying to clear that out with diet, supplements, and exercise. At least I seem to have a clean bill of health otherwise.
    My medicinal half bottle of dry, red wine and serving of 90% chocolate every night will hopefully help, too.

I read Dr Stephen Gundry's The Plant Paradox and follow his advice a bit and use a lot of his expensive supplements. I hope they help, too!
    Last edited by wyntrout; 04-10-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

About six years ago my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer and given 8mos to a year. He passed away a bit more than 5 years later, last July, while his cancer was still in remission.

I don't know you, but you seem to have a good attitude about it and I'm told that this can make a big difference. Keep fighting the good fight. You may just beat this thing. I hope you do.