Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Man

Default Walking Dead Man

I haven't been around lately, but that will be changing now that I'm feeling half ass normal again.

Took really sick a bit over three months ago with what presented and was first being treated as a nasty gastrointestinal virus. It eventually became evident there was something else/a lot more wrong. Further investigation resulted in a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, metastasized to the liver...stage IV and inoperable. By the time it was biopsy confirmed and I got into treatment I was in rather rough shape, after two plus months of being continually quite sick. But, short version, I've responded very well to the chemo treatments....started them a month and a half back....and I'm close to feeling pretty normal. Long term prognosis is, of course, Dead Me and I'm good with that. Especially so as it appears I'm most likely able to look forward to at least a year and a half of a perfectly functional, almost normal life. That would get me through the end of summer and my road tripping travel season of 2018 with a high/acceptable to me quality of life....excellent! Then, not interested in the least in dragging this out to the ugly bitter end, when I stop responding to chemo and life quality drops below my/an acceptable threshold I'll just call it a life and off myself.

Anyway....gives you guys something to look forward to. Until then you'll just have to continue to put up with my usual obnoxious self.
    NRA Benefactor

Crap Itxi, I hate to even read that post. I just lost a high school mate and a very good friend on another forum, I've had enough loss.
    You just pull up your boot straps and prove them damn doctors don't know their head from a water fountain.

If there's anything (everybody says this, I really mean it) that I or we can do to make your day or year or hopefully 20 years better, you just spit it out. I'm not a rich man but ask anything you want, if we can't pull it off we'll do the best we can.

I'm sure sorry to hear this. Your one of the good ones around here. Ok, maybe obnoxious sometimes but good none the less.

Do keep me/us posted on the goings on.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Glad to have you back. We enjoy having you around here.
    ​O|||||||O

Glad to see you on the mend Itxi. Good chance you will beat it good. A good friend was given 6 months to live after being diagnosed with terminal cancer. That was 4 years ago and he is still going strong. We are pulling for you.

I applaud your attitude.
    Good Luck.

In 2009 I was told I wold need Knee replacements by 2012-2013, never happened. Sometimes the doctors have a little tinge of weatherman, the forecast is off a bit.
    I hope they're off in your case.
    NRA Benefactor

Sorry to hear that news but your attitude toward it is encouraging and attitude is everything. Hang in there and we'll be praying for your best days to be yet to come.

And just so you know since you've been missing to my knowledge everyone has behaved and there have been no post where the cha cha's were too big.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Our thoughts will be with you.............................................

Wow what a terrible thing to read. Itxi, If you don't mind sharing who you are at this point, I for one would like to know more about the man behind the nom de plum. After all, when you are faced with something this grave, it got personal quick. Who is Itxi? Certainly I don't expect your name and address but would you share a bit of your life with us?

With great respect,
    Knkali
    I am the Living Man

Wow, don't have the words...
    Take Care old friend

ltxi,
    I prefer the unknown moment and hope I never have an expiration date stamped on me, but pray that if I do, that I'm able to man up as you have.
    I also hope that God's will is for you to enjoy many more, comfortable years topside than what is currently expected.
    With much respect,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>