Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Man

Happy Birthday and,
    Keep on Postin'
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Happy B day......................keep em comin..........................

Great news.....Happy Birthday and keep on plugging!!!

Thanks guys! And one last post...an anecdote I wish to share.

My birthday a year ago I told my oncology Doc I’d decided to live to a full 3/4 century. Her comeback…”Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” But I forgived her ‘cause she didn’t yet know me very well back then. Told her that at our appointment last Wednesday. Now with the program…"You still have five days left. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”.

Is that ever cool or what?
    NRA Benefactor

Reminds me of when I came out of surgery into intensive care. Nurse told me wife not to worry, when I left the hospital I would be totally self sufficient and she could go find her a new man. Sadly another nurse and a doctor over heard her and she was no longer a nurse at least there.

Actually had two nurses sent walk about cause of me but don't want to brag.

Most were just the absolute best. We all know they run the show, the doctors are just there for the money.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

ltxi
    You must be the Navy Seal of cancer!!! Who-Yah…...that's probably misspelled, but you know what I mean!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ltxi!

-Wlf

An update on me on the second anniversary my getting run down, and over, by the Cancer bus.

Advanced(!) Stage IV Pancreatic. Initial prognosis of four to six months, on the outside, until dead. Hell, I was there already.

However, as you can prolly tell 'cause I'm sitting here writing this, that didn't happen. And, sadly, I'm not only not dead but also in outwardly excellent health. I attribute a lot of this to my curmudgeonly outlook and approach to life. And to delight at finally finding a way to piss my wife off with something she's got to pretend to be happy about.

Lest anyone be tempted to go into "them docs don't know what they're talkin' about" mode.....the docs were absolutely right. There is no way i should have so far survived this. I'm rightly considered a major anomaly in our medical/oncology community. What a great post retirement hobby this has turned out to be!

If I'm unfortunate enough to make it to my 76th birthday next April, I'll again update post then.

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all! I know I'm gonna enjoy it.
    NRA Benefactor

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. But I'm thinking Thanksgiving 2025 for a start.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves. But I'm thinking Thanksgiving 2025 for a start.
    Thanks, Col, but I don't see that happening. My new, being held close secret from the cancer gods, goal is to make it to 2020. Just sounds a lot better than croaking in the twenty teens.

There have recently been a few cracks in the armor that docs and I have patched with JB Weld while I get fitted for a new suit. And I've from the beginning based my whole approach to this cancer issue on pessimism/fatalistic realism and it's served me well. Optimisim can be lethal and just don't be cutting it for me.
    NRA Benefactor