Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Man

God Bless and do what you must!

Wow, what a crap sandwich.

But you are handling it very well.

God Bless and good luck.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

I'm so sorry. You have a great attitude and hopefully that will carry you well beyond the current expectations. GOOD LUCK and may GOD be with you.

O'Dell

ltxi, hang in there and enjoy your road trips. Good thoughts.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Apologies for the way late comeback, guys. I want to thank all for the prayers and good wishes. Especially Bawanna, who's gone out of his way with personal follow-up. I've had a great positive response to the chemotherapy treatments...better than either I or my docs had anticipated. Two and a half months into treatment now and I'm most of the time perfectly normal. And look it, too....I've gained back 20 pounds of the 44 I lost and no longer look like a holocaust survivor. I have no delusions about long term surviving this...pancreatic cancer diagnosed at Stage IV, as mine was, is virtually always fatal...but it looks like I may well have a bit more quality life time left than I could have hoped for.

A few have asked for more about me. So for them/those interested...I'm an old white guy. Just turned 74 a couple days back...something I wouldn't have bet serious money on happening three months ago. Born and raised in eastern, semi-rural Pennsylvania...blue collar coal, guns, and deer hunter country...and was one of those kids who could and would take his .22 rifle to school and then go out plinking in near by woods after class. So guns have been an integral part of my life personally, professionally, and as a key interest hobby since forever. I have a 52 year old son from an early first marriage and an adopted 51 y/o daughter from a second. Also gots grand children and as of about a year ago a great grand daughter as well. Current wife and I have been joined at the hip together for almost 31 years now and have lived in the same place butting up against rural, just outside of SE Denver, Colorado metro for going on 24 years. Wife's a native New England coastie....hence two trips a year to coastal Maine as a price for imprisoning her in land locked high country. My professional career is one of them things I can't really talk about, under penalty of..... Can say it was "interesting", sucessful, and highly rewarding Can also say it involved a smattering of LE and LE type work and an accidental 30 some year Air Force career...enlisted pretty early to give me some time to figure out what to do with my life, followed my nose never left, got a commission and eventually graduated into Colonel retirement in January 2000. Finally retired completely in January 2016....the last few years only working part time and by request. It was a great ride...and a large part of why no bucket list.

And...ltxi is an acronym for London Taxi, my long time hobby cars until a couple/few years ago.

Cheers
    -- Don
    Last edited by ltxi; 04-12-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    NRA Benefactor

Good news and thanks for divulging that personal info. Wishing you the best still and don't stay gone so long. Makes us worry a bit.

And thank you for your dedicated service to our country.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well as the old timers used to say " hang in there, like an old rusty fish hook".
    Wish you the best.
    NRA Benefactor

Thanks for the update, Don. I appreciate your history and am glad that things are going better with you. How time flies!

I met my second wife in a USAF command post in Zweibrücken AB, Germany(West, then in 1983). We've been married 31 years now and today was the 20th year anniversary of our arrival here in Jacksonville, FL. We get out to the Durango area to visit my wife's folks every Christmas.

Take care.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Glad to hear you're doing so well. Hope things continue to go better than expected.

" And...ltxi is an acronym for London Taxi, my long time hobby cars until a couple/few years ago"

I had given you more credit for for being creative for the name Itxi... thought it was a fun way of saying "It's I", was thinking of changing mine to Itsme!!

Continue taking care of yourself. Gary
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Thinking about Itxi and this thread title it occurred to me we're actually all Walking Dead Men.

Can't take life to seriously. Nobody gets out alive.

Make the most of it and tootsie roll it. Make it last a long time.

I'm rooting for you pal. I love nothing more than making liars out of doctors.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."